GDT: Preseason Game 5: Coyotes @ kings - 7:30 PM - NHLN

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
There's definitely more talent on the ice. OEL and Chychrun should make a monumental difference. Time to sort out the lines and develop some chemistry will improve the play as well. Looking forward to see the progression this year.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Clendening is very weak on the puck. Good skater with good offensive instincts but very weak. Schenn had a very bad night. I guess I'm alone but I thought Demers was great and Goligoski was crap. Pretty sure I saw different plays than everyone else there. When OEL and Chychrun are back, I'm going to really like our D.

We had some guys who still seem a little rusty, like half a second off. Stepan is one of them. When he gets a few more games in, I think that trio of him Domi and Keller will be awesome.

I like Kempe and was impressed with his hustle. It's nothing I would actually miss though. Nice to see a guy try hard but there's no tangible result associated with it. Not substantive effort. I'd much, much, much rather see Duclair out there trying to get back on track. Or even Rinaldo who can change momentum. Kempe is good for an attaboy but it doesn't really mean anything. I'd cut him tomorrow.

Reactions: Yandover

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yeah the Kempe hype from the ORG is something I haven't quite figured out. Perhaps it's just media motivation for the other guys.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Clendening is very weak on the puck. Good skater with good offensive instincts but very weak. Schenn had a very bad night. I guess I'm alone but I thought Demers was great and Goligoski was crap. Pretty sure I saw different plays than everyone else there. When OEL and Chychrun are back, I'm going to really like our D.

We had some guys who still seem a little rusty, like half a second off. Stepan is one of them. When he gets a few more games in, I think that trio of him Domi and Keller will be awesome.

I like Kempe and was impressed with his hustle. It's nothing I would actually miss though. Nice to see a guy try hard but there's no tangible result associated with it. Not substantive effort. I'd much, much, much rather see Duclair out there trying to get back on track. Or even Rinaldo who can change momentum. Kempe is good for an attaboy but it doesn't really mean anything. I'd cut him tomorrow.

I don't see the Kempe hype either. It's like he's Martinook light. Don't need him. Add Duclair, OEL and Chych and see what they can do.

Yeah the Kempe hype from the ORG is something I haven't quite figured out. Perhaps it's just media motivation for the other guys.

I agree Kempe did not play well tonight. But the reason he is one of the last men standing is because he's shown more than he did tonight. Frankly, there weren't many players who played well tonight.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yeah he was better in other games @knich, I think that's true.

But the amount of Kempe tire pumping from the usual media sources is still a bit beyond that.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Not a lot of positives tonight. We were smoking them in the face-off dot for so long, then took the foot off the gas pedal.

Domingue played great then the power play goals started coming in and the entire team seem to deflate after the power plays.

Keller is solid. I'm going to eat crow on him making the team. I almost feel like every time I've seen him play (Sharks last weekend and tonight) he's stood out the most. The kid is legit.

Perlini looked more noticeable today too. Still not used to him wearing 11. I find myself asking when did Hanzal get so fast. haha

Connauton looked solid today.

The team needs to shoot more for sure.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Keller, Domi, and Perlini looked very solid offensively. Keller is going to be something else in the near future. We found a couple of gems in Keller and Domi.

Pretty dissappointed in my boy, Fischer. Maybe a rough game for him but he didnt show much in this game. Kempe looked mediocre. He plays an energy game but thats not very sustainable for a guy with his build.

Domingue gave up 4 goals but i thought he played solid overall.

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Schenn and Clendening were definite weakpoints on the back end tonight. The nice thing is we have options soon.

Would like to see this line up...

OEL - Hammer
Chychrun - Demers
Connauton - Goligoski

When we get back to full strength.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Strome looked pretty good that period.

I only saw two periods but that has been the best I have seen Strome skate, by a mile. He was moving his feet and was always in the play and was even using his body a bit. If he continues to play like that he will be a very good player.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Pearson embarrassed Demers on that one.

I was not impressed with Demers, at all. I liked all the kids last night. Keller, Strome, Crouse, Dvorak, Fischer did not look out of place. In fact, I liked the kids better than some vets. Was not impressed with Stepan.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Keller, Domi, and Perlini looked very solid offensively. Keller is going to be something else in the near future. We found a couple of gems in Keller and Domi.

Pretty dissappointed in my boy, Fischer. Maybe a rough game for him but he didnt show much in this game. Kempe looked mediocre. He plays an energy game but thats not very sustainable for a guy with his build.

Domingue gave up 4 goals but i thought he played solid overall.

I liked all the kids. Fischer could have been better but I'm not complaining. It's the vets that pissed me off this game.

Scottyb123

Feb 2, 2010
I thought Crouse played a really strong game. He was finishing his checks and really bulldozed a couple of guys.

Can't wait to have OEL back on the point - it was very obvious we were missing his skill and calmness back there.

I'd like to see a little more out of Strome and Fischer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->