Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game 2 | Golden Knights @ Colorado | 6:00 | The Knighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Yay 2 for 2 lol keep this up into the regular season and we could go 82-0 lmao

I recall Sharks being undefeated in PS only to lose something like five of first seven games.

#PrideComethBeforeAFall

More important is how the team is playing Gallant's system and together

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Some breef thots on last night:
-another gong show of a game, so not much of a test for anyone
-Tuch looks great so far, especially with his quick plays behind the goal line. I don't think he got an assist on the Lindberg goal, but he made a real smart play backing out of the crease and lifting Cowen's stick for the cross ice pass to get through
-Hyka continues to impress me with his offensive instincts and great hands
-Lindberg had a pretty good game. His line with Tuch and Hyka were buzzing
-Pulkinen impressed as well. Looked alright on the PK too.
-Thomas was the only Knight to have a rough game, although he took a penalty to back check and save a goal
-Suzuki got knocked off the puck a little too easy. When he turns to protect the puck he has trouble staying on his feet.
-Ship definitely looks like a top 6 NHL center. We'll see how he does against a full NHL lineup though...
-Hunt and Miller had a strong game on D
-Avs commentators barely called the game, which was really distracting and boring especially when trying to figure out all these new numbers!

To your last point I agree. It was really tough keeping track of who was who thanks to the Avs announcers.

Last edited:

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary

-Avs commentators barely called the game, which was really distracting and boring especially when trying to figure out all these new numbers!

The Avs' announcers may still be traumatized from last season. It may take some time yet to recover and get back in the game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Avs announcers are some of the worst in the game. Not because they're biased or Jack Edwards bad, but because they just simply suck at their jobs.

Thankfully I was at the game live, and have some comments about some of your dudes.

- Let me tell you guys, that you have an awesome coach. It was such a night and day difference between the tactics. Avs struggled mightily with Vegas' forecheck and anticipation. For every five passes it took us to get out of the zone, it was a maximum of three for Vegas.

- Shipachyov is awesome. However, I don't think he is as talented as some of his KHL stats show, but he is much more physical and physically demanding than what I previously thought. He plays more similar to another Russian in Radulov than he plays like Tarasenko. He is a player that is probably more suited for the 2nd line, but one you guys will have to play on the 1st.

- Hyka is another awesome player. I don't know how well he is going to do with regular season and playing against ALL NHL players, but all he can play against is what is in front of him. And he's taking advantage of it. He's sort of Kessel, where he has really good speed on the wings and busts in with a pretty good shot as well.

- Suzuki isn't close of being NHL ready. Definitely juniors for at least the next two seasons. Nevertheless, he did show some flashes, but I thought he was going to be a tad more elusive.

- Garrison was good and a steady force all night.

- Lindberg was better than I thought he was going to be.

- Dansk sucks, I get it he was one of those goalers that is young and still has some potential. But I just don't see it, if Avs decided to play more NHL players, the score could have gotten into trouble. He looked nervous and indecisive.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I agree that the Avs looked like garbage, but on the plus side, there seems to be some cohesion on the VGK side. The PP and PK were both excellent, as was the breakout, which was mentioned. I watched in a bar on a smallish screen, so I couldn't make hide nor hair of who was doing what.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
-another gong show of a game, so not much of a test for anyone
-Tuch looks great so far, especially with his quick plays behind the goal line. I don't think he got an assist on the Lindberg goal, but he made a real smart play backing out of the crease and lifting Cowen's stick for the cross ice pass to get through
-Hyka continues to impress me with his offensive instincts and great hands
-Lindberg had a pretty good game. His line with Tuch and Hyka were buzzing
-Pulkinen impressed as well. Looked alright on the PK too.
-Thomas was the only Knight to have a rough game, although he took a penalty to back check and save a goal
-Suzuki got knocked off the puck a little too easy. When he turns to protect the puck he has trouble staying on his feet.
-Ship definitely looks like a top 6 NHL center. We'll see how he does against a full NHL lineup though...
-Hunt and Miller had a strong game on D

:laugh: I noticed that too.

I only watched about half of this one, but I was really impressed with Hyka. I didn't notice Ship too much, but I seem to remember he made a nice play down low.

Oh, and thanks for all the updates everyone.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Let me tell you guys, that you have an awesome coach. It was such a night and day difference between the tactics. Avs struggled mightily with Vegas' forecheck and anticipation. For every five passes it took us to get out of the zone, it was a maximum of three for Vegas.
I've told you guys before, Gallant is an awesome coach GEARED TO WANNA WIN FROM DAY ONE.

- Shipachyov is awesome. However, I don't think he is as talented as some of his KHL stats show, but he is much more physical and physically demanding than what I previously thought. He plays more similar to another Russian in Radulov than he plays like Tarasenko. He is a player that is probably more suited for the 2nd line, but one you guys will have to play on the 1st.
As I've said before, he has played LW int he KHL and he should play LW here. Let Marsh play center. He has more relevant experience there.

- Hyka is another awesome player. I don't know how well he is going to do with regular season and playing against ALL NHL players, but all he can play against is what is in front of him. And he's taking advantage of it. He's sort of Kessel, where he has really good speed on the wings and busts in with a pretty good shot as well.
I drafted him on the fantasy board a couple of weeks ago and expect great thinsg from him. I'm actually bigger on Hyka than I am on Tuch!!

- Suzuki isn't close of being NHL ready. Definitely juniors for at least the next two seasons. Nevertheless, he did show some flashes, but I thought he was going to be a tad more elusive.
It's the age. Give him time to grow physically and in the game. No hurry to rush him.

I identified him as one of the dmen to watch this preseason. GHe's playing for a top pairing spot, and just might get it!

yeah, I'm surprised too. I wasn't so impressed with what he did last season with the Rags.

- Dansk sucks, I get it he was one of those goalers that is young and still has some potential. But I just don't see it, if Avs decided to play more NHL players, the score could have gotten into trouble. He looked nervous and indecisive.
*shrug* I dunno him, but Pickard is solid as a back-up (heck may even compete for starter's job) for the next couple of years and goalie development is a crapshoot, so let's worry about this a few years down the road (except if injuries or suspensions come into play - *knock on wood*).

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
The patience Marchy showed on his goal was awesome. Got the puck at a sharp angle, knew he had no shot, backskated to a better one and got off a perfectly timed shot through bodies that didn't hit anyone and wound up glove side on the tendy.

Already miss this dude (and still miss Gallant) here in SoFla. They're what have made me a Vegas follower. That and their amazing Twitter account.

Trust me you guys are gonna love Marchy. Works his ass off every shift and even though he's tiny (his feet don't even reach the ground when on the bench. I have proof.) he forechecks and bugs the hell out of the opposition. A max effort player every second he's on the ice.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
That's great to hear about March. From what I read, he sounded like a streaky goal scorer type.

So that's a good thing even when he's not scoring, he's busting his ass out there.

I think that shot was a tad lucky though. I think he was more just trying to get it on the net and surprise the goalie.

He was skating backwards, had a somewhat poor angle, but he did have some traffic in front. It wasn't even too powerful either haha. Think it totally just surprised the goalie he even shot it from there.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He was fairly aggressive in attacking the net. It will remain to be seen how limited he might be against tougher NHL squads. I know Bobby Ryan always looked like a dynamo in camp but against tougher defenses he turned into a perimeter player.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Avs announcers are some of the worst in the game. Not because they're biased or Jack Edwards bad, but because they just simply suck at their jobs.

Thankfully I was at the game live, and have some comments about some of your dudes.

- Let me tell you guys, that you have an awesome coach. It was such a night and day difference between the tactics. Avs struggled mightily with Vegas' forecheck and anticipation. For every five passes it took us to get out of the zone, it was a maximum of three for Vegas.

I'm starting to get really hyped over the Knights... They have picked some pretty awesome players. I think Shipachyov has a lot of qualities that can make him a real star in Vegas.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I'm starting to get really hyped over the Knights... They have picked some pretty awesome players. I think Shipachyov has a lot of qualities that can make him a real star in Vegas.

There's definitely hope but it's still early in the preseason and they've only beaten the likes of the Avalanche and Utica. Still lots of hockey left.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
There's definitely hope but it's still early in the preseason and they've only beaten the likes of the Avalanche and Utica. Still lots of hockey left.

It's not about the winning, I just really like the players and the fact that everything is new and under speculation. When the normal games begin we will see how we can compete against anything organized.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010

I feel the same. Fans in Vegas should be really happy with what they got.

I'm a Leafs fan, and I find myself lurking here to read about the Golden Knights a lot. I'm so excited to see what Shipachyov can do, I might be more interested in Vegas than any other team at the moment.

Might have to see if I can go see a game live.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
Already miss this dude (and still miss Gallant) here in SoFla. They're what have made me a Vegas follower. That and their amazing Twitter account.

Trust me you guys are gonna love Marchy. Works his ass off every shift and even though he's tiny (his feet don't even reach the ground when on the bench. I have proof.) he forechecks and bugs the hell out of the opposition. A max effort player every second he's on the ice.

Same here.. I was going through this thread hoping to read about Marchy. Great to hear he's keeping it going. What's up with Smith?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He looked pretty lost and out of sorts. But much of the team did so whatever.

Though we're well past game day so...closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad