GDT: Preseason Game 2 | 9/21/17 | Wild vs. Jets | 7pm CDT / 3am Suomi | FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
so Gabriel was waiting for Prosser to leave to grab the coveted #39 jersey. Never knew.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Not a fan of the new jerseys. The off-white stripe across the front and around the arms bothers me.

Foligno's roughing penalty? It looked like a clean hit to me.

Kunin was noticeable (in good ways) throughout the game.

Nino/Coyle/Foligno looked really good, but they were playing the Jets JV team.

Stalock is active playing the puck. He wasn't really tested much during the game, so not sure how to compare his game with the goalies from the first game.

Winnik is one of the best PTO's I've ever seen at a Wild training camp.

It was a very careful (can't think of a better word) game from both teams. Just stay out of the box, and not get scored on seemed to be what both teams wanted to do.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Winnik had some clumsy moments, but in general, I'd be surprised if he didn't make the team. Big, physical, and not slow.

Kunin was surprisingly physical. Good to see that he can handle himself, but i hope he realizes that we want him to be a top 6 scorer, not a bottom six grinder.

Spurgeon and Brodin look good, but maybe a bit hesitant. It looks like Brodin keeps waiting for his D partner to do something stupid that he has to cover up for. Playing with Spurgeon is a bit of a culture shock for him.

Coyle looking excellent.

Foligno is good without the puck. Not so good with it.

Zucker was mostly good.

Stalock looks like he might be out backup.

Ennis is noticeable. It's very weird seeing him play in Gabriel's old jersey.

I want to like Soucy... pretty slow.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't know about you but 63 reminds me more of Coyle and his 2 seasons wearing it, not Gabriel and his his 15 games or so.

7020386.jpg

That said, it is indeed odd seeing it on such a small player.

As for those commenting on Ennis being injured... come on, it was a puck to the face! I don't care who you are, that is scary, and luckily it wasn't serious!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Nice to see another win!

How did Ennis and Foligno look?

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
I think that in general the new acquisitions have looked good, its always going to take some time to get used to a new team and system.

Also find it comical that people are upset that Ennis left a preseason game after taking a puck to the dome.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I thought Soucy looked pretty good. Same with Murphy actually. Could be kind of a Reilly type player. I really think that somehow they are going to fit Winnik in on this team.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
This Fox Sports score bug is going to be so annoying all year. The one last year was infinitely better.

Russo tweeted it was an arena issue last night affecting the SOG counter; not Fox Sports. Sounds like that won't be the case throughout the season.

Nice to see another win!

How did Ennis and Foligno look?

Thought Ennis looked good; he's got some creativity.

Foligno looked physical. Outside of that, didn't notice him much. I actually thought Winnik played better in a similar role.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I don't know if Soucy bulked up or not, but I didn't expect him to look that big against NHLers. I wasn't sure whether he could compete and get actual minutes on the bottom pairing this year, but after seeing him last night I think he would be able to.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Winnik had a bad shift or two where he got in our own players way, and coughed up the puck causing an odd man rush the other way. Part of that could be just a lack of familiarity with linemates. I noticed that Cullen made the odd mistake, too.

Ennis looked good , but he has a bit of Havlat/Vanek to him when it comes to turning the puck over when his linemates are in deep.

Kunin looks like a good AHL'er at this point, which isn't a bad thing. He is still very young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad