Half-Assed GDT: Preseason #7- Blues VS. Wild- KC Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
He played horribly. Gave up 8 goals in one period.

2Hsri5l.gif

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
I was 18 rows up at last nights game on the side the :blues defended twice. granted i didn't make it to my seats until just after the Vladi goal due to KC not knowing how to employ anyone under 85 to work concessions. I wasn't watching anyone specifically but a few things stood out:

1. Sundqvist is not good on faceoffs. He looked like he was a faster/better version of Jaskin. he will be a sound 4th liner.
2. Thompson looked like he was trying too hard all game. he was burning up and down the ice, which was fun to see someone his height fly like PRV, but he also was out of position often as he tried to chase/pressure the puck carrier. it felt like watching a kids play when they all just skate towards the puck.
3. Dunn is going to be on the team. He isnt flawless, but when he gets the puck he creates room and gets the puck out of our zone asap. He reminds me of a Shattenkirk/Parayko love child. He is offensive minded while being defensively strong. He can get the puck away from people easily and immediately looks at clearing the zone. He is going to be a good 3rd pairing LD this year.
4. PRV is still fast.
5. Schenn may not be the #2c, but he will be a great addition to the team. Not that he did anything ground breaking yesterday, but the guy just has grit. he is a pest and i love that type of player. . he is constantly tying up MIN sticks the second before they go to use it to poke at the puck or shifting weight to prevent a MIN player getting over to block shots. he just sees the play developing and always seems to be positioned to slow the opposition down while creating offensive opportunity for himself at the same time. he does a lot of down low stuff that Backes did that doesn't get highlighted, but is necessary, without the crazy eyes penalties for no reason.
6. Petro is awesome
7. Parayko still looks off to me. Maybe its because he isnt comfortable with Dunn yet, but everything he does looks like he had to finish a though first then act. he didn't look as "sprightly" as usual. I hope its just getting used to new players and being cautious while the kids push the pace of play. If that is it then they need to find a different pairing. Parayko needs to be the d man pushing the pace up ice.
8. Thorns is not a good addition to this team. he looked like he was laboring to skate and couldn't keep up often.
9. Walman looks like he should be back in San Antonio. He is very close to being ready for NHL, but like Thompson just looked like he was trying too hard and it caused him to lose positioning or tunnel visioned himself and by the time he saw his opening for a pass the wild were all over him. He just needs a bit more time.
10. Hutton looked awful. his positioning on shots and over reaction to puck movement should have gotten the wild at least 2 more goals. He was sliding out of the crease on overreactions and then over correcting and creating more opportunities.
11.Ed still needs to grow up. multiple times i caught him responding to chirping from Min players that could have gotten us 2min. after the 1st period Zucker was spouting off and Ed blatantly crosschecks him high on the chest...almost throat. Zucker never lifted his mitts...he just was talking trash. Refs were not happy with that. He still has some control issues he needs to work on...but dont stop hitting people during play!
12....OUR ICE GIRLS ARE STAAAAAAACKED.
13. Megan wants to be here BAD. the guy is all hustle and heart. Im pulling for him. He is better than Jaskin so far this preseason.
14. Blais didnt really stand out at all last night. he was involved in a lot of play but never made a big mistake or play. just a good game by him.
15. Schwartz and Tank are going to be DIRTY together again. their chemistry is obvious every play.
16. Sobotka needs to be on faceoffs. multiple times he got pulled into the circle and he was strong everytime.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Has anyone seen a scoresheet or official stats from the game? There's none up on nhl.com and I would like to at least look at TOI and usage of players. This is literally the only game from last night without stats up on nhl.com...super annoying.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Has anyone seen a scoresheet or official stats from the game? There's none up on nhl.com and I would like to at least look at TOI and usage of players. This is literally the only game from last night without stats up on nhl.com...super annoying.
No stats for the game I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->