Premier League Round 28

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Even when Spurs, Utd and Liverpool had their dry spell, they were never blown out this frequently.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The Wenger problem is largely that his methods are incompatible with the modern game. It's not only the transfer stuff anymore. What was once innovative on the field no longer is. What's innovative now is the way City is planning their attacks. Whenever they get the ball, Aguero is showing to midfield along with a midfielder pushing up to receive the ball from him and immediately spread the ball to the opposite side. Liverpool and Tottenham do the same things, United doesn't, but they get points due to defensive solidity, because their coach does know how to defend these things. Wenger's defensive organization is pretty much laughable and the coach has no idea to prepare his defenders to deal with repetitive, rehearsed attacking movements. Their defensive line is almost at midfield every time Aguero receives the ball, there are no midfielders between City's primary attacking plan and the goal. Actually surprised they didn't score more. The only chances Arsenal can count on getting are from outside the area and defeating an athletic goalkeeper like Ederson from there is going to be very difficult.

Wenger's had the same coaching staff at Arsenal for ages, which is another problem entirely. He has nobody to tell him what top clubs are doing on the training ground and seems genuinely oblivious.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Excited for this season to be over so i can refill myself with false hope for next year! #YaGunnersYa

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also, to be fair, it is Manchester City, but Manchester City has lost games this season to other teams that are getting similar publicity for playing modern, free flowing football. Paulo Fonseca is very likely to get a big offer from someone to leave Shakhtar. Should be the next Arsenal manager in fact.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Arsenal are down 0-3 and during half time they showed highlight from the 0-3 loss in the cup final. Made me lol a little and feel a bit sorry for the Arsenal fans watching that :laugh:

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also, to be fair, it is Manchester City, but Manchester City has lost games this season to other teams that are getting similar publicity for playing modern, free flowing football. Paulo Fonseca is very likely to get a big offer from someone to leave Shakhtar. Should be the next Arsenal manager in fact.

As DT said, "I don't care about Man City, Arsenal f***ing football club"

Obviously Manchester City is miles ahead of Arsenal, but its embarrassing and frustrating that going into these games I have no hope. I should be excited about a home game against City, but the script is already written every time.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Everton really want him.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Unless a team can force Ederson to run out of his area a lot, he is REALLY good.

See, he does it again and nearly injured Otamendi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad