Premier League Round 28

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Even if they lost Chelsea did look like a team again. I was hoping they would implode, but that was a team fighting. City will obviously be a huge test and who knows how they will react if they can´t get a result in Manchester next week either.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Even if they lost Chelsea did look like a team again. I was hoping they would implode, but that was a team fighting. City will obviously be a huge test and who knows how they will react if they can´t get a result in Manchester next week either.

I think both teams are on the verge of implosion, so it was one of those games where really anything could happen. It feels like Mourinho is on the verge of blowing a gasket over this Pogba thing.

Other than writing Arsenal off which everyone should have done a while ago, nothing has really changed in the long-term sense just yet.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Another good case for VAR.

Basically impossible for the linesmen to see Lindelof’s back foot, especially with the lighting so it would have looked a lot more offside from his angle just seeing jerseys.

Overall a decent game. United were trash in the first half, much better in the second. I didn’t understand the Hazard substitution at all unless he was injured.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Admittedly, I'm a bit surprised by the United / Chelsea scoreline. Both teams had been sputtering a bit, but I thought that Chelsea would have gotten enough boost from at least playing decently against Barca. I really think it's down to their squad being pretty thin and it's starting to look more and more gassed. They've got a lot of the same players who they're expecting to play each and every week. Throw in a few of their top players not being on great form, and it's not hard to understand, but I thought United would have pushed for the 1-1.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Lately Willian has been every bit as good as Hazard if not better.

That's not saying I believe he's the same level of player overall, but he's been in incredible form.

Reactions: YNWA14

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That's why I love Lingard so much. He's got the personality/entertainment but seems to always play above his talent level instead of below it.

Lingard, Pogba and Rashford seem to be having some bromance going on. :laugh: I'm guessing they knew each other already from United's youth teams.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The Emirates looks rather empty.

It's freezing temperatures, but if they were good, it would still be full.

Them being 12 points behind Liverpool and 10 behind Tottenham is crazy no matter how you look at it. The place is a library even though they're playing the league leaders. Hard to believe.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Then another fantastic goal. Arsenal missing quality at every single midfield and defensive position it seems.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
I honestly thought we might get one of those great Arsenal performances they sometimes pull out after a horrible defeat.......... guess not.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Third goal is one of the best footballing goals I've seen in ages honestly. Arsenal tenaciously pressing for 20 seconds, passed straight through and straight through everyone's legs leading to a tap-in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad