Premier League 2017-2018

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Can, Matip, and Lovren all with knocks

This close to a Gomez-Klavan pairing for a Champions League match

"If there was a solution, out there we would have done it. There was no solution"

"We watched [other centerbacks] 500 million times"

Thanks Klopp.

Going to be a healthy dose of the left back platoon with Klavan Gomez and Trent.

Buckle up.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Apparently Pogba's contacted Finnish surgeon Sakari Orava (who operated on Dembele this/last week and has operated numerous other big name athletes) and next week they'll decide if he'll do Pogba s well.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Saw the Aguero news. Didn’t know if it was for real. Glad he is okay.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Wonder if our West Ham fan could lemme know how Edimilson has been coming along for them?

Well, he's been injured lately and hasn't featured in the last few weeks, but he's a tough one to evaluate, mostly because he's almost exclusively been played out of position. He's played everywhere from right wing-back to left wing, and almost never in his preferred central midfield position. Seems a very raw player, but has excellent athleticism and good technique. I kind of worry about what's in between the ears, though. Prone to lapses in concentration and sometimes fails to track runners behind him. I'm not sure he anticipates the game well enough to be a good CM, but he's got decent potential. Like I said, it'd be nice to see him play where he's most comfortable, but I don't think he'll displace Obiang, Kouyate, or Noble (though if it were up to me Noble would be glued to the bench) anytime soon.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well, he's been injured lately and hasn't featured in the last few weeks, but he's a tough one to evaluate, mostly because he's almost exclusively been played out of position. He's played everywhere from right wing-back to left wing, and almost never in his preferred central midfield position. Seems a very raw player, but has excellent athleticism and good technique. I kind of worry about what's in between the ears, though. Prone to lapses in concentration and sometimes fails to track runners behind him. I'm not sure he anticipates the game well enough to be a good CM, but he's got decent potential. Like I said, it'd be nice to see him play where he's most comfortable, but I don't think he'll displace Obiang, Kouyate, or Noble (though if it were up to me Noble would be glued to the bench) anytime soon.

Thanks for the response. He's one I'm curious about because the tools are obvious, but I don't know where his best position is. Maybe it is as a dynamic box to box midfielder, like he initially looked like he'd become, but I'm not sure he doesn't become a winger or even wingback instead to take advantage of that combination of physical tools & skill.

Still hoping he & Zakaria both make good on their potential to run wild in front of Xhaka for the Swiss NT.

Embolo - Oberlin
Zuber - Edimilson^ - Zakaria - Widmer*
Xhaka
RiRo - Schar** - Elvedi
Mvogo

^Haas / Janjicic / Grgic / Lauper / Sierro / Sow / Aebischer / Ugrinic
*Hadergjonaj / Lotomba / Hefti / Spielmann / Mbabu
**Akanji / Bamert / Hefti / Mbabu​

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Thanks for the response. He's one I'm curious about because the tools are obvious, but I don't know where his best position is. Maybe it is as a dynamic box to box midfielder, like he initially looked like he'd become, but I'm not sure he doesn't become a winger or even wingback instead to take advantage of that combination of physical tools & skill.

Still hoping he & Zakaria both make good on their potential to run wild in front of Xhaka for the Swiss NT.

Embolo - Oberlin
Zuber - Edimilson* - Zakaria - Widmer**
Xhaka
RiRo - Schar^ - Elvedi
Mvogo

*Haas / Grgic / Janjicic / Sow / Lauper / Sierro / Aebischer / Ugrinic
**Edimilson / Hadergjonaj / Lotomba / Hefti / Spielmann / Mbabu / Sow
^Akanji / Bamert / Hefti / Mbabu​

For what it's worth, he's looked terrible on the wing when he's played there. More competent at RWB, but I still don't think it suits him.

Reactions: cgf

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I´m not sure how serious the Kante injury is, but Morata, Mane and potentially Kante out could really help Spurs.

Not that I´m happy about it. Hate injuries regardless who gets them (Spurs will also get their injuries of course - not only Dembele).

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I think Man City is the only top team that wasn't affected by this break. Arsenal will most likely do their 2 left back as centre backs in their next match.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I´m not sure how serious the Kante injury is, but Morata, Mane and potentially Kante out could really help Spurs.

Not that I´m happy about it. Hate injuries regardless who gets them (Spurs will also get their injuries of course - not only Dembele).

I find Dembele, Wanyama, Rose and Lamela to be a large enough injury list.

Some crucial games coming up. Hope that Winks gets the nod in central midfield over Sissoko.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Considering Winks is already our best CM that is a given (Dembele 100% is better, but that we will never see again).

Hope Winks is rested on Saturday though. Need him in Madrid.

All good players injured, but Morata, Kante and Mane are more comparable to Kane, Eriksen and Alderweireld then the Spursplayers (Rose being close, but Davies is covering very very well at the moment).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad