premature. WJC lines for Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I know, i Know, its early.. way early, but who are the players who should make the team and what lines would you do, honestly i really dont know wich players are available for Canada.. I know the Habs one, Chipchura, and Price (who arent having a great start) and Latendresse. any help please?

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
How about:

Pouliot - Cogliano - Latendresse
Wolski - Brule - Bourret
McArdle - Chipchura - Bolland
Chucko - O'Marra - Comeau
McGrath, Boyd

Staal - Barker
Parent - Bourdon
Fistric - Rogers
Mikkelson

Price
Dubnyk

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
Somebody who knows team canada youth well, could you help me? I don't know but is Jonathan Toews good enough to make the team this year??

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Bourret- O'Marra- Latendresse
Pouliot- Brule- Wolski
McCardle- Cogliano- Little
Chucko- Chichura- Comeau
Blunden, McGrath

Bourdon- Barker
Staal- Rogers
Parent- Fistric

Ellis-Plante
Price

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
Birko19 said:
It's lovely how McGrath get's shoved as an extra forward yet he's having one of the best starts in Canadian Juniour Hockey so far.

Why??? Corey Perry came out of camp as the 13th forward last year after leading the OHL in scoring and played his way onto the top line....

He's going to have to be hot for more than 5 games to play his way onto this team.

2 points and -3 in his last two games????

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
It does say premature line-up does't it? what are these line-ups based on? if their play eariler on in the season means anything (For these premature line-ups) then I don't see why McGrath should be a 13th forward.

As for the 2 games, don't blame McGrath, blame the rangers, McGrath was their best player.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
clay said:
Bourret- O'Marra- Latendresse
Pouliot- Brule- Wolski
McCardle- Cogliano- Little
Chucko- Chichura- Comeau
Blunden, McGrath

Bourdon- Barker
Staal- Rogers
Parent- Fistric

Ellis-Plante
Price

I can guarentee you that Bolland will be on the team.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Lines are awfully hard to predict, but it's fun, so here's my guess.

Pouliot Chipchura Latendresse
Wolski Brule Bolland
McCardle Boyd Little
Bourret Bass Comeau
Chucko

Barker Fistric
Parent Bourdon
Staal Mikkelson
Rogers

Price
Dubnyk

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
crosby_87 said:
Somebody who knows team canada youth well, could you help me? I don't know but is Jonathan Toews good enough to make the team this year??
Toews will have a difficult time making it as a 17 year old. Few 16 and 17 year olds make the team, but if he has a very good season in college this year he certainly can give himself a chance. I'd be very surprised though.

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
I think Steadfast's lines are pretty accurate.

The Pouliot - Cogliano - Latendresse lin was excellent in camp, so they should stick together.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Extinguisher said:
I think Steadfast's lines are pretty accurate.

The Pouliot - Cogliano - Latendresse lin was excellent in camp, so they should stick together.
Cogliano will be lucky to make it. I don't expect the lines or pairings from the summer camp to stick together, or Pouliot to continue to play centre (he centred that line and Cogliano played on the left). That line in particular, although it put up a lot of points, showed some major deficiencies. They didn't play Sutter kind of hockey and didn't have much of a presence in the corners or defensive zone. I thought Cogliano gave a pretty good effort and probably played as big as he could, but he was still pushed around and probably isn't skilled enough to make up for his lack of size, especially as an 87.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Greg7 said:
Cogliano will be lucky to make it. I don't expect the lines or pairings from the summer camp to stick together, or Pouliot to continue to play centre (he centred that line and Cogliano played on the left). That line in particular, although it put up a lot of points, showed some major deficiencies. They didn't play Sutter kind of hockey and didn't have much of a presence in the corners or defensive zone. I thought Cogliano gave a pretty good effort and probably played as big as he could, but he was still pushed around and probably isn't skilled enough to make up for his lack of size, especially as an 87.

Strange, I had heard that Cogliano had skill to burn along with wheels. And the Pouliot - Cogliano - Latendresse line did seem to have instant chemistry. I don't think Cogliano is a long shot. As long as he has a solid start in the NCAA I could easily seem him on the team.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Greg7 said:

Doesn't Cogliano have mountains of skill? This seems a bit strange to me.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Let me clarify what I meant: Cogliano is absolutely a highly skilled player, and he has pretty good speed. What I said was he is not skilled enough to make up for his lack of size. As a very small guy, he needs to be very quick with very strong legs and extremely talented to beat out other guy's who are Canada's best. He's skilled, but not necessarily any more skilled or enough more skilled than the other, bigger guys that he is competing for spots with. He simply seems too easily knocked around and not strong enough in puck battles. That's probably partly why he was moved to wing, although I didn't think Pouliot did a very good job down low in his own zone centring that line anyway. I also don't consider him a long shot, I just think he'll have a difficult time making it. Certainly he has a good chance. Right now, I think I have him in the next group of 5 or 6 forwards after my top 13 who I think will make it.

As for that line staying together, I'd be really surprised, even if all three make the team. A little too one dimensional with not enough grit and defensive presence to be playing as a line on a Sutter team in my mind. I also would reiterate that despite that line racking up a lot of points at the summer camp, I didn't think they were a whole lot better overall than some of the other lines.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
KStewart113 said:
chances are Barker will not leave Chicago this season.
No, Barker is almost definitely coming back to MH. The only real question is when. He's not even getting into games in Chicago (his first game was tonight, and he only played 11 minutes). Seabrook and Keith look solid according to Hawks fans, so I think it's very safe to assume he is just being given a little look at what the NHL is like before he goes back to junior, perhaps as a motivator for him this season. Beyond this, even if he plays amazingly in the few games he is planned to get and manages to stick, chances are the Hawks would release him to play at the WJs. It's great experience for him to play in a tournament like that, and if I remember right, Chicago released Steve McCarthy to play for team Canada back in 1999(?) or so.

Mole ii

Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
i saw the junior team play at gm place a few months ago and remember the best Dmen were:

Bourdon Barker
Rogers Russell
Staal

those guys really stood out from the rest.

Carey price and Ellis plante were great in net. Though Alexandre Vincent is playing very well this season so who knows...2 canucks prospects in goal. that would be unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad