Preliminary Media/Scout Poll for 2017 (Top OHL'ers)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
For those unfamiliar with how this works, I poll many of the OHL's brightest minds; those who cover the league incredibly well and know the OHL inside, and out. These contributors supply me with their top 10 available players from the OHL, in addition to some comments. I then put it all together and provide you with a cumulative list. Call it "the consensus."

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2016/11/preliminary-mediascout-poll-for-2017.html

Here's the Top 10. Check the link for the other 12 names who received consideration, in addition to the numerous comments/reports.

1. Gabe Vilardi
2. Owen Tippett
3. Nic Hague
4. Matthew Strome
5. Nick Suzuki
6. Mackenzie Entwistle
7. Ivan Lodnia
8. Sasha Chmelevski
9. Michael Dipietro
10. Greg Meireles

Always willing to answer any questions.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Great read as always.

Surprised that Thomas was omitted from a list of 22 draft-eligible players, though. I think he's played very well thus far.

How's he perceived by scouts?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Great read as always.

Surprised that Thomas was omitted from a list of 22 draft-eligible players, though. I think he's played very well thus far.

How's he perceived by scouts?

I think he's definitely well liked, but isn't considered to be a Top 10 prospect out of the OHL at this time. Even though he didn't receive any votes for the Top 10, he did make several HM lists that contributors gave to me as part of their Top 10 contributions. So he's on the cusp and it's safe to say that he'd easily be in the Top 22 of many people's lists (including mine).

Mayday3*

For those unfamiliar with how this works, I poll many of the OHL's brightest minds; those who cover the league incredibly well and know the OHL inside, and out. These contributors supply me with their top 10 available players from the OHL, in addition to some comments. I then put it all together and provide you with a cumulative list. Call it "the consensus."

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2016/11/preliminary-mediascout-poll-for-2017.html

Here's the Top 10. Check the link for the other 12 names who received consideration, in addition to the numerous comments/reports.

1. Gabe Vilardi
2. Owen Tippett
3. Nic Hague
4. Matthew Strome
5. Nick Suzuki
6. Mackenzie Entwistle
7. Ivan Lodnia
8. Sasha Chmelevski
9. Michael Dipietro
10. Greg Meireles

Always willing to answer any questions.

Very surprised no Jack Studnicka, even in the HM's. Has his draft stock taken a hit?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Very surprised no Jack Studnicka, even in the HM's. Has his draft stock taken a hit?

Studnicka falls into the same category as Robert Thomas, who I explained above.

No one has him in their top 10 right now, but that doesn't mean that they don't think highly of him. He's perceived as more of a top 15 guy and is just on the cusp for a lot of people (myself included).

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Interesting read, and some good analysis. I agree with a good chunk of it.

That said, I think Owen Tippett is the best of the bunch.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Hague may not be the best overall talent; but, a D with that size, poise, and ability to be in position to control all zones makes him the rarest talent. #1 out of that group for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad