Preds sign Ville Koistinen(edit, AND F Daniel Widing, D Mikko Lehtonen)

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
www.nashvillepredators.com

Two way contract, will start in the AHL. Sounds like a late bloomer, lead the Finnish Elite League with Ilves Tampere last year in scoring by a defenseman, described as being a similar player to Timonen...but not as fast and more physical.

Could be another Zidlicky situation? If nothing else, I'm a little surprised that the Preds signed yet another puckmoving defenseman. I'm interested to see what this guy can do, though.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
How many more freaking defenceman does Nashville need already? Leave some to the other teams!:)

Zidlicky
Timonen
Hamhuis
Weber
Suter
Klein
Laakso
Parent
Zanon
Franson
This new guy
+ UFA's Witt, Markov and Eaton.

:amazed:

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
Marc the Habs Fan said:
How many more freaking defenceman does Nashville need already? Leave some to the other teams!:)

Zidlicky
Timonen
Hamhuis
Weber
Suter
Klein
Laakso
Parent
Zanon
Franson
This new guy

+ UFA's Witt, Markov and Eaton

:amazed:

all those guys been signed?!?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
well, "duh," i should say so. he's not even 20 years old yet...but he has an advantage, already playing with men...while his NA counterparts are playing in boy leagues.

I watched him with my own eyes at the WJC this past year, and outside of the "big name" guys (staal, parent, johnson, johnson) he was one of the best defenders there. I'm encouraged by that.

Joretus

nomorekids said:
well, "duh," i should say so. he's not even 20 years old yet...but he has an advantage, already playing with men...while his NA counterparts are playing in boy leagues.

I watched him with my own eyes at the WJC this past year, and outside of the "big name" guys (staal, parent, johnson, johnson) he was one of the best defenders there. I'm encouraged by that.

Yeah I have seen him playing more and he deffo got all the tools to make it to NHL if he will develope same way he have been. But firstly I would think he will need bigger role in Finland. Maybe next year he will have it already.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Joretus said:
Yeah I have seen him playing more and he deffo got all the tools to make it to NHL if he will develope same way he have been. But firstly I would think he will need bigger role in Finland. Maybe next year he will have it already.

I thought he looked good at playoffs when he got to play.
Few years and he should be ready to try NHL.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
edd1e said:
I thought he looked good at playoffs when he got to play.
Few years and he should be ready to try NHL.

Exactly. When he got to play. They got so many d-men next year, he'll probably be the 7th or 8th d-men again...

I know for a fact that he got a contract offer from Nashville, but turned it down because he doesn't have the option in his HIFK contract and is facing his military service this year anyway.

AHL would probably be best for him since HIFK doesn't seem to realize his value. And even if they do, they sure don't care about developing him much...

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
nomorekids said:
in another interesting turn of events, the Preds apparently finally signed overage prospect defenseman Mikko Lehtonen, as well.

With a clause in his contract that lets him return to Europe if he doesn't make the big squad, one wonders if Poile has some plans to shakeup the prospect group. Whereas we might have slated Klein in a bottom pairing role next year, is he on the way out and Lehtonen hopping in to take his spot?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad