Post-Game Talk: Preds @ Jets 11/9/23 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Tomasino's first time really being in position for a tip all season long. Got the goal. Defensively he's playing like there's a live grenade near him but he did get to the net and into that screen position for the tip.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
So many players on the ice who don't fit what I understand to be Bruno's system. Smith, McCarron, Lauzon - can we just cut loose the last vestiges of Hynes hockey please? At least Sherwood offers the speed to play in the new system, so I'm okay with keeping him around. But playing these folks to the exclusion of Parssinen, Afanasayef, and other young talent with more upside is foolish.

Tomasino's first time really being in position for a tip all season long. Got the goal. Defensively he's playing like there's a live grenade near him but he did get to the net and into that screen position for the tip.
For the first time this season I've been able to really watch a game, and I saw something concerning about Tomasino. When the puck is not on his stick, he is spectating, rather than playing. Most notably, watch when he passes or shoots or dumps the puck - he stops moving his feet and is coasting while trying to figure out what to do next. This is a coachable issue.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
So many players on the ice who don't fit what I understand to be Bruno's system. Smith, McCarron, Lauzon - can we just cut loose the last vestiges of Hynes hockey please? At least Sherwood offers the speed to play in the new system, so I'm okay with keeping him around. But playing these folks to the exclusion of Parssinen, Afanasayef, and other young talent with more upside is foolish.

For the first time this season I've been able to really watch a game, and I saw something concerning about Tomasino. When the puck is not on his stick, he is spectating, rather than playing. Most notably, watch when he passes or shoots or dumps the puck - he stops moving his feet and is coasting while trying to figure out what to do next. This is a coachable issue.
The spectating has been a major reason for his demotion from Novak's line to limited time to the press box. He's looked lost in the defensive zone.

Bruno's system is north south, tempo. Smith actually fits that ... he goes up the ice as fast as possible and gets to the net and that is how he got his goals and keeps getting shots and netfront pressure when he doesn't have the puck. McCarron is playing limited 4th line minutes but still goes to the dirty areas .. getting two points so far in very limited minutes. Lauzon's downfall is his jumping in offensively when he probably shouldn't ... the blueline goals are few and far between so far under Bruno. The players succeeding so far are those that the boards thought should be demoted or waived under Hynes ... Sissons, Smith, McCarron, Sherwood all with more points than expected ... ROR is a go to dirty area guy ... Forsberg just now getting goals and Josi struggling to get the puck in net. Tomasino's problem so far is a lack of providing puck support or getting to the front of the net in six of seven games played. Everyone else is showing that buy in.

Another loss closer to a top 5 pick… :sarcasm:

Working great for SJ and the last 15 years of the Oilers. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it ... over and over again.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Then who plays on the right side? Once again your personnel moves make zero sense based on where players play. The only thing that would make less sense is waiving Lankinen so Tomasino could play more which is something in the realm of crap I'd actually expect to see from you.
Mcdonough - this is a lost season

trade barrie and call up livingstone too

we tank, we let the young guys play , we enjoy the top 5 pick- we make some moves in free agency with our glut of cap space next summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad