Post-Game Talk: Preds @ Caps | 4/5/18 | 7pm EST | NBCSN

Discussion in 'Washington Capitals' started by AlexBrovechkin8, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ovikovy817

ovikovy817 Registered User

Chiasson missed almost the entire game. So it's normal to have the 3 RW with a lot of EV minutes.

-------

I think Caps should have used their challenge on the last goal, nobody knows how the GI works, it's always 50/50.

Nicky 1 assist away from 50
    Ovi hatty against NJD?? If he scores in the first period, I think he'll do it.

I hope NYR beats PHI in the afternoon, so we can just win against the Devils, without thinking about the playoff opponent. (I want us to play against the Devils)

Eazy for Kuzy likes this.
  2. Bananas

Bananas ****

OK boys onto the next one and then it’s go time...

3. txpd

txpd Registered User

Home Page:
    So, who all was injured last night? Burt? Oshie? Chaisson?

4. RandyHolt

RandyHolt Keep truckin'

I think Chaisson is the only one. Bura blocked a shot that 30 years ago no one would have even went the dressing room. Now, most go after just one. Do pads suck now? Langway and the boys would lay down and block shots all game and all season long and we never saw anyone go the dressing room, short of a puck to the head.

So let's call Chase out for game 1. I think Barry missed a chance last night to try to explore his new toys, but he stuck with his preferred vet grinders, and he kind of got burned there. I wanted to see a kids speed/energy line tried. With the new found rush to sign NCAA guys so they don't bolt, Barry has a ton of options that you know he is not comfortable with. I think Pinho a RH shot should get a look next game, if he's that good we were worried about him bolting to Pitt. All of our depth are lefties with Chase out.

Game 1. Put it in your pipe and smoke it.
    8 19 43 | 65 92 77 | Vrana Eller BCon | Stephenson Beags DSP

Orlov Nisky | Kemps Carlson | 44 Jerabek

Grubs

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    IafrateOvie34 likes this.
  5. NoLookPass

NoLookPass Registered User

Chaisson got sick on the bench. No injury. Bura came back.

I have to say that was a really good game against a team still playing 100% and you have nothing to play for. I don't care what people say. Even if you have yourself convinced not to let off the gas pedal, you still know theres nothing to play for.

6. RandyHolt

RandyHolt Keep truckin'

I like JJ at 3RD. When you play a guy offside, he faces additional challenges, mostly on the D end. But to counter that, you get a better angle on point shots, but not if you don't take them. Anyone L shot we have at RD, I want to see crushing one timers at every chance. Exactly like it seems Jerabek is wired to do.

If Barry wants to see Djoos, I think its better to slip him into the lineup later in the series, once the insane hitting dies down. If there will even be old school playoff hitting... it is certainly slowly vanishing away from even the playoff games.

hb11xchamps likes this.
  7. BiPolar Caps

BiPolar Caps The Crapitals! They Cheated! They Cheated!

Had been ambivalent about Forsberg except for the idiotic trade by GMGM and the talent lost (btw doubt an Oshie trade would have been made if Forsberg trade was not made), but now I'm starting to dislike him for remarks such as this. He's not in the Crosby/Malkin/Hornqvist totally dislike league yet, but one or two more comments like this he will be.

8. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Registered User

You should watch him on the ice, he is quite the *****ebag out there sometimes. Think Crosby level petulance and sneaky cheapshots.

Not saying I'm still not pissed at McSuck though, but yeah I agree with your post.

9. crazy8888

crazy8888 Registered User

This is not the first time he has taken subtle shots at Wash and trotz. i recall recently he was saying how much of a difference he saw between Trotz and lavi handling youngsters. Sounds like he holds grudge for being traded. But why? He is in a much better position now what the hell is he complaining about. That trade must have hurt his ego

10. Empty Goal Net

Empty Goal Net Registered User

FF speaks the truth. It's the proper attitude for any player to have going into the second season. ("PT? It means home ice. Otherwise I don't care. We want the Cup.") Not sure why this is a problem for some. Who here would get pissy if this had been spoken by a Cap?

IafrateOvie34 likes this.
  11. AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8 Better luck next year

He's just being a little ***** about it. There was no need to add "here in Washington" during the PT comments other than the fact that he's being a butt hurt little baby for no reason. He went out of his way to discuss differences in Trotz and Lavi when Lavi first came to town. Add to that Nashville trying to troll the Caps on Twitter about the trade and it's like, bruh, get over it. The trade was 5 years ago and neither the GM nor the coach that pulled the trigger on it are here. That organization clearly won the trade, Forsberg is now playing on a terrific team in a terrific city... now stop acting like a teenager and move on.

12. RandyHolt

RandyHolt Keep truckin'

FF is right. We are walking proof that the presidents means little. And we clearly thought so little of him to trade him for an aging vet and 4th line plug. We slighted him first. The icing on the cake was Barry not using him effectively, because its not a priority to Barry. As far as I am concerned, Nashville has passed us in the power rankings and we are now looking up at them. At least he didn't score on that goal of the year candidate.... our cup.

We can only imagine the things George or Barry said to him. Um yeah you need to work on your skating. You will need a year or 2 in the AHL. We are fine without you for now. We only drafted you because you fell to us, we didn't even scout you or really want you, evidenced by trading you. He probably heard about being traded by the swedish media.

13. ovikovy817

ovikovy817 Registered User

Wouldn't mind to see Forsberg get hammered by Zadorov in Round 1.

CapitalsCupFantasy likes this.
  14. Midnight Judges

Midnight Judges Registered User

Or maybe Forsberg is right, and Trotz should have recognized his talent and been strongly against the trade.

15. Empty Goal Net

I doubt FF has any role in whatever comes out of the Preds' Twit acct, and I expect he wouldn't have mentioned Washington if the Preds hadn't happened to be in DC when they clinched the PT. But agreed, it's time to move on.

Bieronymus Trotz likes this.
  16. Skrudland2Lomakin

Skrudland2Lomakin Registered User

We got worked in that trade, but I think all parties agree on that. Nash just comes across as an ex trying to prove how much better he/she's doing with his/her new fling. Like, great, if you're so happy why then go and enjoy it, quit flaunting.

I think it's indicative of a franchise/fanbase that's still very young and not adjusted to significant success. The snarky twitter schtick of Vegas and Nash comes across as desperate, all they're doing is chasing the buzz that LA had when they first did it 5 years ago. Again they just come across as that kid trying to prove they belong or they're cool.

It's not a big deal, but it is just super weird when you consider if the inverse were true. I mean it's not comparable in worth, but we got Oshie from StL for only a 3rd and an AHL goalie. I don't think it has ever occurred to me to ever bring that up. Like, who gives a ****? If it was a rival I get it... but Nashville brings this up like once a year.

17. crazy8888

crazy8888 Registered User

Of course he is right. But that doesn't mean he has to keep taking shots at Wash. You got traded. Get over it. Especially considering your on a better team with more chance of winning the sc

CapitalsCupFantasy likes this.
  18. CapitalsCupFantasy

CapitalsCupFantasy It’s Go Time!!

Devil’s Advocate, Caller of BS
    Not a coach’s decision.....and Trotz wasn’t even here. Minor detail in your Trotz bashing.

AlexBrovechkin8 and ovikovy817 like this.
  19. Skrudland2Lomakin

Also him being hurt that Wash didn't value him enough is a whole other can of worms since he was originally projected as a top 5 pick and slipped in the draft to us. If you recall GMGM wasn't even planning on taking him because he didn't count on him still being available. If he has a bone to pick based on being undervalued he has about 10 other teams that he should be also bitter towards.

I do wonder, does anyone have any idea who our original intended use was for that pick? It's a pretty underwhelming draft overall.

20. Skrudland2Lomakin

Trotz was in Nash for Forsberg's first year, there was criticism over his usage of him during that time.

EDIT: I agree the second part of not being for the trade makes no sense though.

RandyHolt likes this.
  21. Midnight Judges

Midnight Judges Registered User

Yes my bad.

I do think people are being a little sensitive here though.

22. Skrudland2Lomakin

NHL draft 2012: Capitals can’t pass up Filip Forsberg at No. 11

The article is bare bones, I was looking for a Post article from the time. But as it mentioned he was originally slated as a top 3 pick and he fell to us. McPhee admitted he never even talked to Forsberg since he never thought he'd have a shot. Two things stand out about that to me

#1 Forsberg was never his guy, he took Forsberg because he basically had to at that point in the draft. He never valued him very much.

#2 The not ever speaking to him before the draft thing also tells me he had little to no interest in him. We had the tenth pick, not the 30th, Forsberg had already slipped in projections by the time the draft rolled around. Why not at least explore the options ahead of you in the event of someone slipping or an amazing trade opportunity. I would be really curious in what guys in that top 10 GMGM did talk to. Did he ever speak to Yakupov or did he write that one off too?

It's clear if Forsberg wants to be bitter (he shouldn't he's a top line and top paid forward on the best team in the league) his ire should be exclusively at GMGM who resentfully drafted him and then traded him for peanuts. GMGM always wanted Wilson, he was down right giddy about it, he always seemed sort of annoyed he had to give up one his picks for Forsberg instead of whatever other guy he was giddy for.

RandyHolt likes this.
  23. hb11xchamps

hb11xchamps Registered User

My money would be on a D considering there were 8 D taken before Forsberg fell in McPhee's lap

RandyHolt likes this.
  24. g00n

g00n He'd have gotten away with it, too

I'm having nightmares of the Caps making the Finals only to play the Preds, and FF hoisting the Cup in DC.

Night ****ing mares

(yeah, we know, "at least that would mean they made the Finals" aaaaaand so what still terrifying)

AlexBrovechkin8 and calicapsfan like this.
  25. Empty Goal Net

Much worse, imo, would be the same scenario with VGK replacing the Preds.

calicapsfan and AlexBrovechkin8 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.