GDT: Preds @ Canes Game 2 5/19/21: Oddball Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That thought occurred to me. I was thinking score 1 to tie it and go for another goal in OT.

What I meant is that, if they had tied it, it would've just gotten our hopes up, only for them to be crushed again in OT by a re-awakened Canes team.
Our plan is obviously to depend upon them scoring an own goal for our game winner.

...or Nedeljkovic making a blunder like Samsonov in the WSH-BOS game.

Reactions: wadesworld

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Hey hey! We dont have a thing to worry about Hynes said the guys played well tonight. Whew! What a relief. I thought getting shutout and going 0-7 on the powerplay was bad, but I dont understand the game or something like that.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Hey hey! We dont have a thing to worry about Hynes said the guys played well tonight. Whew! What a relief. I thought getting shutout and going 0-7 on the powerplay was bad, but I dont understand the game or something like that.
Nuance and context. Yes the power play is awful, yes we are impotent offensively, yes we also played a pretty good game against a really good team (that's top 3 on the PK as well).

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
We were shutout. How is that pretty good?
Some good things about this game, I would definitely say better than the last game, but yeah I don’t think we can get shutout and still call it a “good” game

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Seven powerplays ... ten shots on goal while giving up seven shorthanded shots. The PP unit built around 9, 28, 59 had over 7 minutes of PP time last night and had its typical result against quality competition which is not much. The Preds converted 11.1% of their PP opportunities against the Canes during the regular season ... a league wide top 3 PK versus a PP that only produced well against two struggling teams during the regular season which is a horrible matchup for us.

The team was competitive in spite of its horrible PP performance. Saros was on his game. The PK, even with the goal allowed, is well above its regular season performance. There are the positives.

The team needs a way to get to the basics of screening Nedeljkovic. Glaring example -- Kunin comes in off the bench while we cycle in the 3rd, there is a Cane defender in Ned's field of vision but no Pred actively screening ... glove save (not fun to watch at like 4am). We need to get Kunin, Haula, and the Beast line with Jeannot out there at ES ... those are the team's three leading goal scorers for the final month of the season, none with a PP goal in that span, two not even playing on the PP regularly ... all suffering from the impact of special teams on the lines. We can't have Gudbranson outshooting anyone on this team ... but he did last night with 2 SOG, more than Joey, Kunin, or Tolvanen.

Time to execute on the ice in front of the home crowd.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Speak for yourself, I think it will be very loud!
I think so to. It’s been a long hard year, just being in the playoffs is a reason to party, and the Bridge crowd rarely needs an actual reason to party...I dont think we win the game, but I think the crowd will be there to celebrate more than the 2021 Playoffs.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I think so to. It’s been a long hard year, just being in the playoffs is a reason to party, and the Bridge crowd rarely needs an actual reason to party...I dont think we win the game, but I think the crowd will be there to celebrate more than the 2021 Playoffs.
I listened to the radio spot on 102.5 with the Canes local beat writer and he said the same thing. Just being able to gather together as a city and go to the game and cheer on the home team was enough to have everyone in great spirits after what the last year has been like.

Reactions: bdub24

gene vestal

May 25, 2020
I'm not trying to speak for Marty Party but what I think the post was about the dreaming some fans
were putting out in the world that, " we came in as the lowest seed in 2017 and look what happened". There are about a million differences this playoff compared to that but I do hope the one constant will be the 7th Man in full force. Caniacs broad their noise so we've got to raise the meter to reach PLAYOFF LOUD.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm not trying to speak for Marty Party but what I think the post was about the dreaming some fans
were putting out in the world that, " we came in as the lowest seed in 2017 and look what happened". There are about a million differences this playoff compared to that but I do hope the one constant will be the 7th Man in full force. Caniacs broad their noise so we've got to raise the meter to reach PLAYOFF LOUD.
Tbh I thought they sounded kind of weak but that may have just been the game audio being wonky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad