Pre-Game Talk: Preds at Leafs - Wednesday @ 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
The difference between good and bad in the NHL is a razor's edge. Timely goal-scoring and good goaltending are the difference.

Look at virtually any game--even blowouts--and it's a bounce here or there that's the difference. Look at that Boston game, for example. Everyone talked about how we got outclassed in that game, but if either Bozak or JVR convert on those chances they had right after we tied the game and Andersen doesn't allow that one softy, it's a totally different game.

Over the course of a season, the good teams rise to the top. But in any given game or even a 7-game series? Anything can happen.

In other words ... of course we can beat Tampa or Boston!

Reactions: my name is Bob

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
even for me it's getting unbearable. I usually like contrary opinions but he's trying too hard to be a downer

Yeah I'm happy to disagree with people but I'm seriously tired with the same few posters who show up in every GDT thread to just put down the team, or who show up when we're losing to say how crappy we are.

Anyways I've said my piece on this enough in other threads.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Ottawa on the come up and so is Montreal.

We gotta start taking W's against less teams.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
lol im negative, sometimes positive but some of the points in this thread made me happy, like how we could get a 100 points this year, it would be really nice to get in the playoffs and do some damage but who knows anything can happen in this sport, we have all seen shocking moments in this league, its awesome to be a leaf fan right now we are trending up!!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Its like a suicidal view of a sports team...
Constantly
- we're gonna lose!
- we'll lose in round 1
- player xxx sucks!
- we're an average team.
- we're gonna lose in round 1
- Boston and tampa are so much better!
- Babcock sucks.
- sell all the UFA's and rebuild!
- we're gonna lose in round 1.

Literally all I see from a certain poster.

Facts:
We're 7th in the league with a strong schedule ahead.
We'd be 1st in the metro, 2nd in the Pacific, and still have a shot at the Atlantic.
We're 18 months past hitting the bottom, and trending as a 100 point team that made the playoffs last season.
We've gotten at least a point against every single team we've played so far this season, except Tampa(who we've only played once)
We're a darn good team.

P.s. sorry if I come across as harsh, I'm just sick of the negativity around here.

i just find a lot of people have this firm view of what this team should be and it's not jiving with what's actually happening.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
They're still a better team than us regardless of the streak. Deeper top 9, better defence and better goaltending.

their top 9 is definitely not deeper than ours, their goalie is not better than ours, and the defense corps are a very close call.

Reactions: bax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad