Pre-Game Talk: Preds at Leafs - Wednesday @ 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I like torontos odds. we match up with the preds really nicely, both fast, skilled teams. Toronto is also 9-3 at home against the west while the preds are 4-4 on the road against the east

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Bud, he is on the team because of his defensive skill set, stop with the Polak hot takes, smh

If you can't see why keeping him away from guys with speed is a good idea you know absolutely nothing

He's can't catch or get close enough to them to do anything you very special individual

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
HAHAHAHAHAHA Boston in the final? not likely I am not saying Toronto will be either but Boston won't get by The Pens and Tampa, hell I still don't think they get past Toronto, one game does not change that.
they'll beat us for sure. i think they can beat tampa and pittsburgh but it'll be tough

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
If you can't see why keeping him away from guys with speed is a good idea you know absolutely nothing

He's can't catch or get close enough to them to do anything you very special individual

He cant catch players or get close to them?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He cant catch players or get close to them?

He can't do either, he's gritty big and willing to get physical but he doesn't handle speed well so keeping him away from that and maximizing his skill set is the intelligent thing to do

i.e putting him out against bigger slower physical lines 5v5

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Over rated? based on what?
Mentally weak, can't play on big stages, seasonal stats are all over the place (while having the best D in the league for basically his entire prime). Im just not bullish on the guy at all, hes the goalie equivalent of the sedins, not great in the playoffs.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
they'll beat us for sure. i think they can beat tampa and pittsburgh but it'll be tough

For sure? Really? Not saying we'll crush them or anything, but we've put up enough fight in all but 1 game against them since our core has been assembled to at least not speak in definites.

They're on a ridiculous streak. They're not as good as they appear.

Reactions: bax

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
For sure? Really? Not saying we'll crush them or anything, but we've put up enough fight in all but 1 game against them since our core has been assembled to at least not speak in definites.

They're on a ridiculous streak. They're not as good as they appear.
Um yes they are. A ridiculous hot streak lasting 1/3 of the season is nothing to look away at. They are better than us in every aspect.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Um yes they are. A ridiculous hot streak lasting 1/3 of the season is nothing to look away at. They are better than us in every aspect.

Did you have Columbus winning the cup last year because of their 16 game win streak? Just wondering.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

Yaya just like we FOR SURE were going to get swept by the Caps last year.

Definitely rather play the Boo-ruins than the Lightning, that's for damn sure.

Reactions: Elephanto

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
yeah it's annoyingly crossed over from skeptical to completely and overwhelmingly negative views
Its like a suicidal view of a sports team...
Constantly
- we're gonna lose!
- we'll lose in round 1
- player xxx sucks!
- we're an average team.
- we're gonna lose in round 1
- Boston and tampa are so much better!
- Babcock sucks.
- sell all the UFA's and rebuild!
- we're gonna lose in round 1.

Literally all I see from a certain poster.

Facts:
We're 7th in the league with a strong schedule ahead.
We'd be 1st in the metro, 2nd in the Pacific, and still have a shot at the Atlantic.
We're 18 months past hitting the bottom, and trending as a 100 point team that made the playoffs last season.
We've gotten at least a point against every single team we've played so far this season, except Tampa(who we've only played once)
We're a darn good team.

P.s. sorry if I come across as harsh, I'm just sick of the negativity around here.

Last edited:

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015

You are way, way on the Boston bandwagon. They are good and should be respected, but they are playing their absolute very best hockey now, and although they have been playing that way for a while, it is unsustainable over the course of a whole season. They will come back down to earth as Rask starts to cool down, which eventually he will.

We actually match up quite well against them, and have played them well this season and last (minus the last game). Bergeron contained Matthews for 1 game, but I think would be very hard pressed to do so over a series. Matthews is too skilled and too much of a competitor to let that happen. In the playoffs anything can happen, and I definitely would not bet against our team. We are going to peak at the right time, and look out when that happens.

Reactions: Elephanto

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Constantly
- we're gonna lose!
- we'll lose in round 1
- player xxx sucks!
- we're an average team.
- Babcock sucks.

Facts:
We'd be 1st in the metro, 2nd in the Pacific, and still have a shot at the Atlantic.
We're 18 months past hitting the bottom, and trending as a 100 point team that made the playoffs last season.
We're a darn good team.

P.s. sorry if I come across as harsh, I'm just sick of the negativity around here.

We are a good team but just as there is no reason to be negative, there is also good reason to not be just a little bit cautious with our optimism. My views are in brackets, hopefully they're not too pessimistic for you.

- we're gonna lose! ( we will be underdogs in round 1 and probably every round after that)
- we'll lose in round 1 ( we will be underdogs in round 1 and probably every round after that)
- player xxx sucks! (none of our players suck)
- we're an average team. (we're a slightly above average team who should be much better soon)
- we're gonna lose in round 1 ( we covered this already)
- Boston and tampa are so much better! ( Boston and TB are better than we are. Not much better, but better )
- Babcock sucks. (Babcock is a top tier coach)
- sell all the UFA's and rebuild! (we should sell JVR because we're highly unlikely to win it all this season)
- we're gonna lose in round 1. ( we covered this already)

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
We are a good team but just as there is no reason to be negative, there is also good reason to not be just a little bit cautious with our optimism. My views are in brackets, hopefully they're not too pessimistic for you.

- we're gonna lose! ( we will be underdogs in round 1 and probably every round after that)
- we'll lose in round 1 ( we will be underdogs in round 1 and probably every round after that)
- player xxx sucks! (none of our players suck)
- we're an average team. (we're a slightly above average team who should be much better soon)
- we're gonna lose in round 1 ( we covered this already)
- Boston and tampa are so much better! ( Boston and TB are better than we are. Not much better, but better )
- Babcock sucks. (Babcock is a top tier coach)
- sell all the UFA's and rebuild! (we should sell JVR because we're highly unlikely to win it all this season)
- we're gonna lose in round 1. ( we covered this already)
Balance is good :) agreed with a lot of your views

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
Constantly
- we're gonna lose!
- we'll lose in round 1
- player xxx sucks!
- we're an average team.
- Babcock sucks.

Facts:
We've gotten at least a point against every single team we've played so far this season, except Tampa(who we've only played once)
We're a darn good team.

EXCELLENT POST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad