News Article: Preds Assign Salomaki & Watson to Ads

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
so if I've understood the long term injury loan correctly, they can stay in Milwaukee for either A) 6 days or B) 3 games, whichever comes first.

Reactions: cjerina

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
While they should help, I hate the fact that the team finally seemed to be gelling, and now we again get more change in the line-up.

Yeah, I thought about that, and I also thought about how this could hurt a guy like Novak. He is probably already on the outside looking in, so if you take away half of the games he might have gotten to skate then he will really be fighting an uphill battle to get a contract offer.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Good push for Milwaukee to get their playoff spot, assuming they are in decent shape.

I copied this post by me from the Ads thread. Milwaukee beat Rockford in Milwaukee 4-2 on Friday and 8-2 on the road on Saturday.

The Admirals won at Rockford 8-2! Their Magic Number is now 22 and they are 2 points out of a playoff spot.

The Ads have moved from 7th place to 6th with 71 points and the IceHogs have moved from 4th to 5th place with 72 points, thanks to Milwaukee. The Moose are in fourth place with 72 points and a game in hand versus Milwaukee. The Texas Stars are in 7th place with 71 points, but Milwaukee has a game in hand versus them.​

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Now for a ignorant question, if Salo and Watty are in Milwaukee then why are they listed as Scratches in last nights game?

Playing Roster
That's where the " long term injury loan " part comes in. They aren't being sent down and are technically on the Preds roster. I'm not sure what the difference is between that and a conditioning assignment. I'm assuming the number of games. That or they just changed terms.

Reactions: PredsV82

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Two goals, first star, definitely passed the eye test. He really stands out on the ice in the AHL, as you’d expect
I'm going to say I wouldn't necessarily have expected it - not always does a physical/grinder type of player from the NHL stand out in the AHL, and especially after a layoff like he had. It's great that he had such a fantastic first game. Here's hoping he gets back to Nashville for the playoffs.

Reactions: mackelroy

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Gadreau is a placeholder, nothing more. If youre expecting your 4th line center to be a game changer youre doing it wrong.

Watson coming back will shore up the PK and hopefully give us a little more depth scoring, but the truth is until Turris, Granlund, and our D men start putting up more on the scoresheet, we are screwed unless Rinne stays in total God mode

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Watson recalled according to this Ads game preview.

It's on the AHL site's transactions list.

IF Salomaki also went down on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan rather than on a normal Conditioning Loan then he either gets recalled today as well or the team has to do paperwork to get him up to two more games in Milwaukee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad