News Article: Predictions of What Bergevin will say at his press conference today

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
» Ce que vous devriez entendre cet après-midi… | Mathias Brunet

What you will hear this afternoon.
I bet at least 50% of this is dead on.
Geoff Molson and Marc Bergevin will present to the media for the post-mortem of the Canadian's tough season.
Here are ten sentences that you will probably hear this afternoon:
"Carey Price will be the first to admit that he has not had a good season. We do not want to look for excuses, but your goalkeeper must stop the pucks to be competitive. I'm sure we'll see Carey next year. I trust Carey. "
"Our best defenseman, Shea Weber, has played injured since the first match. We missed him. At the end of the day, we can not compete without our best defender. "
"There is not one thing in particular that has made us in this position. But we missed a lot of consistency in our game. We had good times, but we went back into bad habits that cost us games. "
"I have thick skin. It's about the team and just the team. Not from me. We will look at the different possibilities to improve the gaps we are missing. Geoff and I talk to each other every day. We are on the same page. It does not take much to move from one team to another. "

"We had money for some players and they decided to go somewhere else. It's out of our control. "
"The number one centers and the big defenders, it does not run the streets. And the reality of the National League is the payroll. It's very difficult for numbers to work in trade. "
"We gave young people a chance at the end of the season. They have experience and will help the team next year. We have Juulsen, Scherbak, Lehkonen and Mete that grow. Most good teams, their core come from the repechage. We want to be younger with character and speed and we trust our young people. "
"I hate putting names. Certainly there are players who have not lived up to the expectations of the organization and the expectations themselves. You do not have a crystal ball when you make acquisitions. You try to do more good things than bad ones. "
"I will not go into details. Since day one, I do not talk about transactions in the public square. Patch, we trust him. It has been a difficult year for Max. But he is still in the organization. I'm sure we'll see the Max we know well. "
"We loved Jonathan Drouin in the center at the end of the season. We thought there would be chemistry with Max. There was none. Jonathan remains a young player who will continue to progress. We are happy with this exchange

Reactions: Pickles

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
And a New Jersey or Colorado making the playoffs after being in the bottom comparison.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He's also going to get mad at a reporter pointing out he said the defense would be better this year.

"La, ecoutes la, ecoutes ok ? Cest pas pour etre sarcastique que jdis ca, ok ? Ecoutes combien dequipe tu connais qui vont bien sans leur Shea Weber ? LA sont tu din series si Doughty joue 20 matchs ?

Si lequipe avait joué le systeme a Claude comme qui voulait, on aurait eu des bins meilleurs resultats. Pi cest triste a dire, cest triste parce que jai lplus gros respect du monde pour Carey, mais y serait le premier a t'dire que sa performance stannée ca pas aidée".

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
what will he say?

he will says the same things he said before, but will twist it a bit to make it sound different.

I only wish we could get T SHIRT guy in there with a mic ,asking questions...lmao.....

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Prediction: there will be a thread of 60+ pages after the PC despite nothing relevant/true ever getting said at any Bergevin press conference

Reactions: Laurentide

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
There will be vitriol spewed everywhere despite everyone already knowing that no press conference from any GM ever has been remotely useful in learning anything more than you already knew.

Reactions: Laurentide

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
He's going to say the same bullshit he does every PC.

How he doesn't want to use excuses but goes on to give nothing but excuses.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
prediction : everyone will be mad in the thread and the usual 2-3 suspect will stir **** up by defending that he couldn't say anything else and we have to wait and see

Right below you, on cue.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Just to restate what I said in the other thread

Things I expect to be said by Bergevin

- it's hard to make the playoffs, will then mention Chicago and Ottawa
-Teams can rebound easily, points to New Jersey and Colorado
-Will say how it's hard to get top line centers and top 4 defenseman
-Will ignore any questions about the clear shortcomings of the team he built.

For Molson he will probably say the same thing and claim he is fully invested in Bergevin to turn the team around.

So unless the media actually asks hard questions and presses for real answers than this press conference won't be much different than the many order ones that have been had

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I truly hope one journalist goes out and calls Bergevin and Molson on all of their false promises they have made to both the media and fans. In 2016 Molson promised a full review to ensure another collapse wouldn't happen. 2 years later and another bad season has occurred and he plans to keep things status quo in terms of key management position. That lack of logic should be called out and pressed at hard.

The media can be very hard on individual players but are never as hard when it comes to actual people of influence like Bergevin or Molson. While writing critical articles is a good step, actually pressing them in public is another and more important step.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
When it's gotten to the point that the press and the fans know ahead of time what the brass will say to a high degree of accuracy, I think they need better writers or make up more credible lies. It's absurd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->