Speculation: Prediction: Who stays, who goes?

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Now that the season has concluded who stays and who goes?

Please specify if you are giving a prediction or a preference.

Prediction:
Shanahan: goes
Dubas: goes
Keefe: goes

Matthews: Stays
Marner: Stays
Nylander: Goes
Tavares: Stays
ROR: Goes
Bunting: Goes
Rielly: Stays
Schenn: Stays
Murray: Stays (LTIR)
Samsonov: Stays
Acciari: Goes
Brodie: Stays

Preference:
Shanahan: goes
Dubas: stays
Keefe: goes

Matthews: Goes
Marner: Goes
Nylander: Goes (concerned about his next contract)
Tavares: Goes (not really an option)
ROR: Stays
Bunting: Stays
Rielly: Goes (concerned about his current contract despite the playoff goals)
Schenn: Stays
Murray: Goes
Samsonov: Stays
Acciari: Stays
Brodie: Stays

Feel free to add players/staff.

Reactions: ORRFForever

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
My prediction is they all f***ing stay.

But I'll post a best case scenario:

The entire management, coaching staff, Tavares, Matthews, Marner all go. They don't finish 2nd in the division next yr but they're a helluva lot more respectable to cheer for

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Kanedogg

Apr 23, 2023
Matthews and marner can't both stay. They're going to both want raises from their 11m a year.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
I dont want Reilly going anywhere. Guy showed up big time in the playoffs and wanted it more than anyone.
Id prefer to see JT and Marner go, AM and Nylander stay.
Core moving forward: Matthews, Nylander, Reilly, Kneis

You will most likely not get rid of Taveras until contact is up. But definitely move Marner. Waste of 11 Million

Reactions: notDatsyuk

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Unfortunately I think that round one playoff win against Tampa is going to be the worst thing that could have ever happened. I think the only person who might go is Keefe. And even that's not a guarantee.

I really do believe that that first round playoff win might have been just enough to give this core one more chance.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Willy goes unless someone asks for a trade. He shouldnt because he was the only one effective this series but hes the easiest to move

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I think Keefe has gotta go. Wonder if Dubas takes Fenway's offer but I thought all of his additions were great.

As for UFAs and RFAs:

Keep: ROR (if cheap), Kampf, Acciari, Schenn, Sammy, our pending rfas.
Out: ZAR, Bunts, Kerfoot, Holl, Simmonds, Gustafsson, Mete, Benn,

- Move Murray contract.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Willy goes unless someone asks for a trade. He shouldnt because he was the only one effective this series but hes the easiest to move
Sadly I agree.

I think he becomes the easy target to move to give the illusion that they are breaking up the core.

I bring back

ROR
Acarri
Lafferty
Schenn
Kamph
Kerfoot for 1.5

Then move either Matthews or Marner .

I loved them both for bringing excitement back to the Leafs but it is time to make the Derozen move.

They are close. They showed a lot this year. The pickups Dubas made all did their part.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Sadly I agree.

I think he becomes the easy target to move to give the illusion that they are breaking up the core.

I bring back

ROR
Acarri
Lafferty
Schenn
Kamph
Kerfoot for 1.5

Then move either Matthews or Marner .

I loved them both for bringing excitement back to the Leafs but it is time to make the Derozen move.

They are close. They showed a lot this year. The pickups Dubas made all did their part.
All things considered i thought those last 4 had a really good series, especially Kerf and Laff.

Reactions: Jojalu

Chris18820

Nov 11, 2018
Unless he makes it clear he wont be signing long term I wouldnt move AM under any circumstance. The guy is the face of the franchise. Maybe I am wrong but it feels like he has been injured all year. His release isnt the same as before.

Reactions: Jojalu

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The forward group could very well go through a good amount of turnover based solely upon pending UFAs. I can also unfortunately understand if that isn't deemed to be significant enough. In that event, it seems likely that Nylander will be moved since his contract lacks the kind of trade protection had by the others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad