Prediction Thread - GM 7 - Red Wings @ Maple Leafs --- SN1, 7:30pm

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
oh brother---we are looking like the Cap's thread before tonights game, not sure if any one here has seen that Detroit is 2pts back of us. As well they honestly out played Tampa last night but Vasilevskiy made some huge saves, especially early or it could of gotten out of hand. Not saying we will not win but, like tonight many thought we would get blown away, it is more likely tomorrow than tonight. Zetterberg has caught fire, Mantha is a beast, and Green leads all defense with I believe 9 pts now (actually tied with Butcher). Again not trying to be negative but, we are on a back to back, Detroit is waiting for us. In addition we skated like the wind tonight, usually means the next night we will be a bit slower, or slow down earlier on. Real big test, not to mention Mc has not played since the preseason, and our D is still a bit holy. Hopefully I am wrong but I think it will either be 5-2 Wings, or 3-2 leafs, as to say (unless Mrazek is in then possibly we could route them he has not looked good).

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
4-3 Leafs in OT

- Nylander's pot has been boiling for a while and is bound to overflow any game now. Calling a two point night for Willy: 1G 1A.

- Marner will find the scoresheet.

- Since I'm predicting an OT game that means Matthews will be on the ice 3-on-3 and we know what that means. I don't think he'll score the winner again but perhaps set up Nylander.

- The key will be playing good D in front of McBackup. This game can go south real quick if we aren't on point defensively, the Wings are hungry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad