Predict the next 10 games

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
We're not even close to the dark ages. Anyway, win or lose, I'm enjoying this season. It has a potentially interesting narrative arc: overcoming early adversity and fans who abandoned them, the habs pull it together and make the playoffs. I'm even sort of fine with the b-plot (GM canned, Pacioretty traded for Milan Lucic, Mario Tremblay promoted to coach). Just dont give me a repeat of the last few seasons (hot start, gradual decline, early exit).

I was looking for a different trend this season as well. I’m glad the October Cup went to somebody else. Maybe if they don’t cost threw the important parts of the seasons and actually build some momentum and make the playoffs, something will happen. Although the Claude firing did get the team playing much better at the end of last season.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
So you’re one of those that only pipe up after a win and disappear after a loss?

The post I made, that you jokingly wanted reported, followed a 4-0 thrashing at the hands of the Kings. Our record at that time was 2-7-1 and the general consensus was that the season was over. My opinion in this thread was highly unpopular. Please get your facts straight if you want to have a discussion.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
The post I made, that you jokingly wanted reported, followed a 4-0 thrashing at the hands of the Kings. Our record at that time was 2-7-1 and the general consensus was that the season was over. My opinion in this thread was highly unpopular. Please get your facts straight if you want to have a discussion.

My facts are straight. What fact are you talking about?

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
My facts are straight. What fact are you talking about?

Not sure how to state it otherwise. I made my original post following a huge loss when team was universally considered a pile of garbage. You’re saying I only post after wins. Ergo, your facts are wrong.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Not sure how to state it otherwise. I made my original post following a huge loss when team was universally considered a pile of garbage. You’re saying I only post after wins. Ergo, your facts are wrong.

Ah okay. Well recently it’s been that way. How many games do you expect we’ll win against Columbus, Arizona, Toronto, Dallas, Nashville, Buffalo, Columbus and Ottawa? That takes us to November 29th. Still think we’ll be .500? I don’t see us taking more than 3 games out of those 8 games. I don’t think we can afford going 3-5 isn’t the next 8 games.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I would love to be optimistic and say we'll win the Toronto game at the BC Saturday... they just don't have the poise and finishing ability they had in previous years. Wife and I went to the Hamburglar debut in Ottawa where we thought it was in the bag for the Habs, then went to a 5-0 destruction of the Wings last year. Price might be back, and it's a Saturday. Crazy times :naughty:

I think we'll lose to NSH and OTT though, styles make fights and our style of play matches up pretty bad with their respective games imo.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
We're not even close to the dark ages. Anyway, win or lose, I'm enjoying this season. It has a potentially interesting narrative arc: overcoming early adversity and fans who abandoned them, the habs pull it together and make the playoffs. I'm even sort of fine with the b-plot (GM canned, Pacioretty traded for Milan Lucic, Mario Tremblay promoted to coach). Just dont give me a repeat of the last few seasons (hot start, gradual decline, early exit).

Bueller? Bueller?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Both of those plots are from a peyote-fueled fever-dream, right?

Reactions: groovejuice

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Please refer to my prediction, then please refer to the date. K thanks.

We’re not only close to the dark ages, the lights are off lol American Thanksgiving is 6 days away and we’re 27th out of 31 teams. Keep up the positivity

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
We’re not only close to the dark ages, the lights are off lol American Thanksgiving is 6 days away and we’re 27th out of 31 teams. Keep up the positivity

Will do chief. Stay on top of the standings for us. Daily reports are appreciated.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
61 games left.

If the Habs went 3-2 in EVERY five game segment and won the last game of the year (against the Leafs in Toronto) they would finish with ...

92 points

Tampa missed the playoffs last season with 94 points.

That`s why there`s an article in the Journal de Montréal that the season is already toast.

C’est déjà fichu pour le Canadien

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
That recent 6 game home stand was pretty much a failure. A 2-3-1 record with 10 goals scored (shutout twice) and 19 goals against. The Habs have won only 4 of 11 home games this season.

Reactions: get25

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I think they find a way to get 10 points in the next 10 games.

if Price plays, we win all 6 games :sarcasm:

even the ones we got shutout in :sarcasm:

Defense/Offense is about the confidence in the goalie. When Montreal players see Lindgren let in a goal, they deflate and give up more chances, struggle offensively, and give up more scoring chances. Every issue is tied to goaltending but don't you dare say this teams success under Bergevin was due to goaltending.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Every issue is tied to goaltending but don't you dare say this teams success under Bergevin was due to goaltending.

what success are you talking about?......cause all i have seen since MB was hired has been failure

i don't consider first round playoff losses to be a "success"

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
what success are you talking about?......cause all i have seen since MB was hired has been failure

i don't consider first round playoff losses to be a "success"

What you mean, look at the standings. Just ignore 2 of last 3 years that happened to be where most of the changes were made.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The season is basically over right now and really it's because of our GM, there is no one else to blame. How is he not fired already?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Next 10 games, I think we go 3-5-2. OT losses to Edmonton & either Detroit or Ottawa.

Wins against Buffalo, Detroit (we play twice in a home & home) & one unexpected win - maybe against Calgary. I don't think we beat either Dallas or Nashville.

I had expected the Habs to go 4-2 on their homestand :laugh:, so being ultra conservative now.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
This season has the smell of either barely missing the playoffs or early exit. It will be great to get another middling prospect and have an embarrassing playoff showing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->