Pre-Game Talk: Predict the Crowd & Roll Call 2013-2014

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The weak crowds suck, to be blatant as a long time fan.

Carolina and Buffalo, the building was basically full and had some juice/buzz.

But, most other games this season after the home opener, the empty seats and quiet crowd sucks the life out of the building.

Nothing like last year and for most of 2011-2012.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Dang. I knew attendance was down this year, but the numbers are just plain depressing. Our percentage is less than FLORIDA

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
The weak crowds suck, to be blatant as a long time fan.

Carolina and Buffalo, the building was basically full and had some juice/buzz.

But, most other games this season after the home opener, the empty seats and quiet crowd sucks the life out of the building.

Nothing like last year and for most of 2011-2012.

I know your hesitant to do it but you have to lay the blame on the Devils.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Dang. I knew attendance was down this year, but the numbers are just plain depressing. Our percentage is less than FLORIDA

Doesn't mean anything, they draw way less actual fans and sell way less tix at way lower pricing.

Can't go by what some teams announce.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Ive been monitoring the ticket map on TM since Tuesday for this game.
very few tickets have moved since then, less than 50.

Single game box office pricing is simply too high and out of touch.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Ive been monitoring the ticket map on TM since Tuesday for this game.
very few tickets have moved since then, less than 50.

Single game box office pricing is simply too high and out of touch.

Instead of going to war with StubHub the Devils should consider utilizing StubHub data to their advantage. Heck, form a relationship with StubHub. Develop prices based off of their market value.

I've always maintained that the Devils try to "sell" you on their product but don't want to put in the work of making you want to buy it.

Sorry Devils, StubHub says you're tickets are way overpriced. I hope the Devils slash prices all around the stadium even if it means eliminating all inclusive food and beverage for Club seats.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Instead of going to war with StubHub the Devils should consider utilizing StubHub data to their advantage. Heck, form a relationship with StubHub. Develop prices based off of their market value.

I've always maintained that the Devils try to "sell" you on their product but don't want to put in the work of making you want to buy it.

Sorry Devils, StubHub says you're tickets are way overpriced. I hope the Devils slash prices all around the stadium even if it means eliminating all inclusive food and beverage for Club seats.

It should be something they should look in to.

Right now, there are 677 tickets listed (still available) on Stubhub, beginning at $19 for Section 121.
There are dozens of tickets available south of $30.

On TM or at the box office, the lowest priced ticket available is in the upper 200 level defend twice zone at $44:amazed:

There were no ticket promotions/deals for tonight's game.
If they had offered discounts, we would have seen a full house no doubt with a great hockey atmosphere.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah it's definitely got a Tuesday against Carolina type feel tonight. Tier pricing has been an unmitigated disaster.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
15,723 was the number. I wonder why TG isn't posting it anymore...he probably got negative feedback from people that assume he's making light of bad info.

And yeah it was one of the better crowds of the season by far. Definitely a lot of kids/college goers in the arena so the holiday bump is starting now. I do wonder why secondary market prices were so god-awful until the last day or two, this must have had a lot of last-minute buying.

BuiltLikeAnOx

Lou has dementia
Oct 22, 2013
what is everyone guessing on the crowd tonight? i mean the amount of fans actually there not tickets sold

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Close to the number sold.
Roads are fine and trains only minor delays.

In about an hour when the sun goes down and the soaking wet roads are exposed to negative temperatures for the next 14 hours, they will not be so fine

Which is why I'm going to be be out salting

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
In about an hour when the sun goes down and the soaking wet roads are exposed to negative temperatures for the next 14 hours, they will not be so fine

Which is why I'm going to be be out salting

I'm not talking about your side road.
Major roads and highways have been plowed and salted and are good.

Common sense is for everyone to use caution and go a little slower.

Be safe everyone.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I'm not talking about your side road.
Major roads and highways have been plowed and salted and are good.

Common sense is for everyone to use caution and go a little slower.

Be safe everyone.

All of that salt that was put down today is at this stage in the game useless because of all of the traveling that has been done on those major roads and highways that have been good

Oh and if you're a Bergen County resident and frequent banks, fitness centers or other forms of business, we, like every other snow contractor will be out making sure you don't bust your ass or lose traction with your car. But thank you for the concern about my side road!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
All of that salt that was put down today is at this stage in the game useless because of all of the traveling that has been done on those major roads and highways that have been good

Oh and if you're a Bergen County resident and frequent banks, fitness centers or other forms of business, we, like every other snow contractor will be out making sure you don't bust your ass or lose traction with your car. But thank you for the concern about my side road!

Make some good cash tonight and be safe
!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad