Line Combos: Predict the 2019 Opening Night Lineup

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
You guys think kostin gets called up this year if he plays well down in the A?

I think he will be the first call up. Kyrou had a better year, but will need time to get over the knee injury. But he needs to have his head on strait. If he lets the dispointment of being set down hold him back then someone else may get the call. But if he shows what he did in preseason, then I expect him to get a call up.

Lines I expect to see the playoff lines. But Sanford didn’t show much so I think you may see Blais in for him.

Schwartz, Schenn, Tarasenko
Perron, ROR, Sanford/Blais
Thomas, Bozak, Fabbri
Bash, slam, smash line.

Blais/Sanford, MAC Mac

Pie, Faulk
Jaybo, CP
Dunn, Gunner

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Blais-ROR-Perron
Fabbri/Sanford-Bozak-Thomas
Barbashev-Sunny-Steen

Petro-Faulk
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo
Gunnarsson

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
You guys think kostin gets called up this year if he plays well down in the A?
I think he is still a ways from being called up to stay. But they may give him a stint during the season as a form of instruction and motivation for him, play a few games, then return. He definitely raised his stock in camp.

Kyrou is much more likely to displace someone for a permanent roster spot mid-season.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Blais-O’Reilly-Perron
Fabbri-Bozak-Thomas
Barbashev-Sundqvist-Steen

Pietrangelo-Faulk
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Dunn-Gunnarsson

Binnington

Hope that’s the case too. I like Fabbri more than Sanford

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I wish

Code:
Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko
Sanford - O'Reilly -  Perron
Fabbri - Bozak - Thomas
Barbashev - Sundqvist - Blais
Steen popcorn guy

Dunn - Pietro
Jbo - Parayko
Gunnar - Faulk
Bortuzzo popcorn guy

Binnington
Allen

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
As I posted in another thread, I don't like that 3rd line at all. I would rather Blais be switched with Fabbri.
Agreed. Sammy is a banger and I think will prosper in that role. I don't know if he has what it takes to keep up with ROR and Perron from a play making standpoint. But, if he could, that would be all the more bonus for us!

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I would really like to see Fabbri on a line with ROR. Robby could learn how to play defensively that way. Conversely, I think he provides more of an offensive spark than Blais. It's a scenario that could work both ways.

Reactions: mk80

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I would really like to see Fabbri on a line with ROR. Robby could learn how to play defensively that way. Conversely, I think he provides more of an offensive spark than Blais. It's a scenario that could work both ways.
He’s gonna have to earn it.

And it’s not ROR’s responsibility to teach Fabbri how to play defense. Robby should be able to do that on his own by watching him, practicing, listening to coaches, etc.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’m hoping Fabbri scores early and often. I’ve seen a lot of Blues fans all but say his career was over.

He could be a major wild card for this team. He appears to have gained his speed back.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I think Fabbri and Blais could switch up their positioning based on how each fills their role, offensive production, and possibly just depending on the opponent. They may still be trying to shelter Fabbri a bit to see how he gets out to start the season.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Opening night roster looks great and while I love Sammy's game right now don't if he has enough offensive talent to stay in a top 6 role, though I'd love to be wrong about that. Think Fabbs Bozie Thomas will be a good line and wouldn't be surprised if one of Fabbri or Thomas forces their way into a top 6 spot at some point. And like most of us here I'm really rooting for Fabbri to have some good offensive production this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad