Predict Point Production for these Prospering Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Pepper said:
Do you have anything else to do except patrol these forums and whine about posts which don't agree with your (overhyped) views about U.S prospects??

Do you have anything else to do except follow me around and spout off on stuff you don't understand?

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Matt MacInnis said:
I think part of the reason people are down on O'Sullivan is because he is Wild property. And the cause of concern is, in my opinion, PM Bouchard, who, thus far, has been a disappointment with career high 22 points. And it has little to do with his ability as to the perceived role of the Lemaire system is having on his offensive development.

Of course, PMB is still very young, but I think most people are concerned O'Sullivan will run into similar problems and that his offensive game will also be stagnated.

Personally I think it'll be a good situation for the pair of them, I think they will feed off one another very well.

Well put. Personally, I don't think O'Sullivan will put up a bunch of points in his rookie season, but to suggest his MAX is 50 or 60 points is a bit shortsighted IMO (and yeah, that's for you Pepper).

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
Do have anything else to do except follow me around and spout off on stuff you don't understand?

Stuff I don't understand? lmao, that's a good one.

Seriously, you only complain about people who don't share your views about U.S prospects, funnily it's always about US prospects, not Canadian or European.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
Well put. Personally, I don't think O'Sullivan will put up a bunch of points in his rookie season, but to suggest his MAX is 50 or 60 points is a bit shortsighted IMO (and yeah, that's for you Pepper).

Wait, where did I say his max is 50 or 60 points? Feel free to provide the post.

Here's what Toronto Sun wrote about certain prospects, comments from GMs & scouts:

* Rob Schremp , C, Edmonton Oilers draftee.

Plays like: Marc Savard, Atlanta Thrashers (2003-04 NHL statistics: 19 goals, 33 assists, 52 points, 85 penalty minutes).

"Riverboat gambler," said one league scout. "He'll make you happy and kill you in the same shift. He and Savard are cut from the same cloth."

"Rob has great all-around ability" Oilers assistant GM Scott Howson said. "He can come off the half-wall and shoot the puck in the same way as a Markus Naslund or Joe Sakic. I'm not comparing him to those players, but he has a tremendous shot from that position."

Neither of those two, however demanded a trade from his junior team as Schremp did in ditching Mississauga. The fact that London coach Dale Hunter nailed Schremp's butt to the bench late in last year's OHL final against Guelph also gets your attention. It took Savard three different teams before he found his game.

* Danny Fritsche, C, Columbus Blue Jackets.

Plays like: John Madden, New Jersey Devils (2003-04: 12- 23-35, 22 PIM).

"I see a whole lot of upside with Danny as a speed guy, a leadership-type of player," Blue Jackets GM Doug McLean said. "I have a need for those kind of people in my lineup. He's a ferocious checker and he has a lot more skill than people perceive. He doesn't take penalties, and he doesn't retaliate."

Scouts see Fritsche as a third-line player, initially at least. "He'll play in the league for sure, maybe not as a top-two-line player but as someone who will grind it out." one scout said

Still, like Madden, a free agent find for the Devils, Fritsche has terrific defensive instincts. He's not as fast as Madden, but he drives the net as recklessly as any player in junior hockey.

* Corey Perry, RW, Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

Plays like: Jason Allison, Los Angeles Kings (2002-03, 6-22-28, 22 PIM).

"He'll play in the NHL and eventually, on the top two lines," one evaluator said. "The knock on him is his skating but he thinks the game at a level different from 90% of the league. Jason Allison could kill you standing still and you can say the same thing about Corey Perry."

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Pepper said:
Stuff I don't understand? lmao, that's a good one.

Seriously, you only complain about people who don't share your views about U.S prospects, funnily it's always about US prospects, not Canadian or European.

Newsflash: I'M AN AMERICAN!!!! My primary interest is in AMERICAN hockey players! O'Sullivan and Schremp are Americans, so naturally I'm going to key in on stuff that is written about them. Is that so hard to understand?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Pepper said:
Wait, where did I say his max is 50 or 60 points? Feel free to provide the post.

Here's what Toronto Sun wrote about certain prospects, comments from GMs & scouts:

* Rob Schremp , C, Edmonton Oilers draftee.

Plays like: Marc Savard, Atlanta Thrashers (2003-04 NHL statistics: 19 goals, 33 assists, 52 points, 85 penalty minutes).

"Riverboat gambler," said one league scout. "He'll make you happy and kill you in the same shift. He and Savard are cut from the same cloth."

"Rob has great all-around ability" Oilers assistant GM Scott Howson said. "He can come off the half-wall and shoot the puck in the same way as a Markus Naslund or Joe Sakic. I'm not comparing him to those players, but he has a tremendous shot from that position."

Neither of those two, however demanded a trade from his junior team as Schremp did in ditching Mississauga. The fact that London coach Dale Hunter nailed Schremp's butt to the bench late in last year's OHL final against Guelph also gets your attention. It took Savard three different teams before he found his game.

* Danny Fritsche, C, Columbus Blue Jackets.

Plays like: John Madden, New Jersey Devils (2003-04: 12- 23-35, 22 PIM).

"I see a whole lot of upside with Danny as a speed guy, a leadership-type of player," Blue Jackets GM Doug McLean said. "I have a need for those kind of people in my lineup. He's a ferocious checker and he has a lot more skill than people perceive. He doesn't take penalties, and he doesn't retaliate."

Scouts see Fritsche as a third-line player, initially at least. "He'll play in the league for sure, maybe not as a top-two-line player but as someone who will grind it out." one scout said

Still, like Madden, a free agent find for the Devils, Fritsche has terrific defensive instincts. He's not as fast as Madden, but he drives the net as recklessly as any player in junior hockey.

* Corey Perry, RW, Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

Plays like: Jason Allison, Los Angeles Kings (2002-03, 6-22-28, 22 PIM).

"He'll play in the NHL and eventually, on the top two lines," one evaluator said. "The knock on him is his skating but he thinks the game at a level different from 90% of the league. Jason Allison could kill you standing still and you can say the same thing about Corey Perry."

My point is you're complaining that I only comment on American hockey players, yet IMO the points I made are valid. As for this article, how old is it?

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
Newsflash: I'M AN AMERICAN!!!! My primary interest is in AMERICAN hockey players! O'Sullivan and Schremp are Americans, so naturally I'm going to key in on stuff that is written about them. Is that so hard to understand?

No, I think your motives are pretty clear to everyone here... :biglaugh:

Rabid Ranger said:
My point is you're complaining that I only comment on American hockey players, yet IMO the points I made are valid. As for this article, how old is it?

I'm not complaining about anything, it's just that your whining about other posters not seeing the (over)hyping of certain american prospects is getting pretty old & fast.

The article was posted yesterday, I'm sure the editor will reveal the names of those professional scouts/GMs so you can e-mail them and complain about the blatant underrating of your fav prospects. :shakehead

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Pepper said:
No, I think your motives are pretty clear to everyone here... :biglaugh:

I'm not complaining about anything, it's just that your whining about other posters not seeing the (over)hyping of certain american prospects is getting pretty old & fast.

The article was posted yesterday, I'm sure the editor will reveal the names of those professional scouts/GMs so you can e-mail them and complain about the blatant underrating of your fav prospects. :shakehead
Issues with the current poster aside, do you disagree with what he is saying in this thread? Schremp has the upside to score anywhere between 70-100 pts. at max potential. Do I seee him reaching closer to 100? Not likely, but if everything falls into place(his game, and the switch over to a more offensive system) I can see him becoming a 65-80 pt player in the NHL.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
Schremp has the ability to score when he wants (ala an Alexander Mogilny) because when he is motivated he can't get knocked off the puck. You may knock him down, but he will continue to move the puck around while lying on the ice. He has a rocket of a shot and at times it can be extremely accurate. He can go into a scoring slump, but at the same time, if he scores 1, another 10 usually follow pretty quick.

I wouldn't bank on anyone being a 100 point scorer in the NHL anymore. Goalies are too good, defensive play is too good, and team offensive talent is decreased.

Providing Schremp gets the NHL, in the same way that any prospect has the chance of never making it - not as an attack on Schremp as I really like his abilities, he surely will get prime PP minutes and will be on one of the top 2 lines. Schremp is an above average passer, one of the better prospects for stickhandling abilities, and possesses a top tier shot arsenal. His wrist shot and slap shot are both phenominal (I would like to see an improvement on his backhand though...it's good but it could be so much better IMO).

I would agree that he has the ability to put up 100 points, but that would depend on far too many factors.
1) He makes it to the NHL
2) The Oilers improve their overall team talent and provide a great passer (like when they signed Adam Oates but have the guy not suck)
3) Penalties are called as they should be so the Oilers get 7-8 PP per game
4) Goalie equipment is indeed set right
5) Defensive play is still stressed but a movement away from the trap is seen

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
TheCoach said:
Rookie Season:
Crosby - 60 points
Perry - 35 points
Brule - 40 points
B. Pouliot - 40 points
M. Pouliot - 40 points
Malkin - 50 points
Parise - 40 points
Carter - 50 points
Bochenski - 35 points
Schremp - 35 points
Roussin - 20 points
Ovechkin - 55 points
Richards - 40 points
O'Marra - 15 points
O'Sullivan - 35 points

Career Potential:
Crosby - 125 points
Perry - 65 points
Brule - 80 points
B. Pouliot - 80 points
M. Pouliot - 65 points
Malkin - 95 points
Parise - 75 points
Carter - 85 points
Bochenski - 55 points
Schremp - 55 points
Roussin - 35 points
Ovechkin - 110 points
Richards - 60 points
O'Marra - 35 points
O'Sullivan - 55 points

Eloquent and awesome alliteration, do you write?

Rookie Season:
Crosby - 60-70
Perry - 25-35 points
Brule - 40 points
B. Pouliot - 30 points
M. Pouliot - 30 points
Malkin - 65 points
Parise - 25-30 points
Carter - 40 points
Bochenski - 30 points
Schremp - 30-35 points
Roussin - 20 points
Ovechkin - 50 points
Richards - 15-45 points
O'Marra - 25 points
O'Sullivan - 40 points

Career Potential:
Crosby - 155 points
Perry - 65 points
Brule - 100 points
B. Pouliot - 85 points
M. Pouliot - 60 points
Malkin - 120 points
Parise - 75 points
Carter - 100 points
Bochenski - 45 points
Schremp - 90 points
Roussin - 35 points
Ovechkin - 100 points
Richards - 40-75 points
O'Marra - 65 points
O'Sullivan - 85 points

I basically agree all-around.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
yeah some of these predictions are CRAZY for todays NHL.... 130 points?!?! doubt it unless theres some huge changes

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm amazed as an Oiler fan that some of you have MA Pouliot out-scoring Schremp in their prime. Schremp is an offensive weapon, while Pouliot is a solid 2-way guy. I'm glad that I'm not the only one around here who sees Schremp as an out-standing talent. His up-side is phenomenal IMO and the Oilers were very blessed to have gotten him with the 25th pick. I could see Robbie becomming a 75-90 point guy "depending on linemates and NHL rules". The fact that the Oilers prospect depth is climbing will only help Schremp, and the possibility of playing with Hemsky and/or Pouliot can only help his out-put IMO. I haven't seen many of these players but I could comment on O'sullivan who I would see as a 50-65 point scorer in his prime.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
You guys also have to remember this is MAX potential. Also scoring will very likely go up at least a little bit with some new rule changes. As for Schremp I don't think 70-100 points is that big of a stretch. He will likely get closer to 70 then 100 but with the skill this guy has it is possible to get near 100. I have been paying close attention to him at the Mem Cup and I like what I see. His skating seems a bit funny but he gets to where he needs to be no slower then anybodyelse. He seems to be on the ice late in games as well which means that the coach is more confident in him this year then last year.

coppernblue

Apr 5, 2005
im oiler bred through and through
but the predictions for ma pouliot seem pretty high
30-40 points as rookie, hemsky got that and i dont think he has the offensive ability of a hemsky

stocktrader

So lets get this straight.

Schremp will either not make the NHL or he will score 100 points.

Thanks guys.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
coppernblue said:
im oiler bred through and through
but the predictions for ma pouliot seem pretty high
30-40 points as rookie, hemsky got that and i dont think he has the offensive ability of a hemsky

I think Hemsky was a rookie at a younger age. Pouliot will likely be 21 or 22 his rookie season

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
oilerlova said:
I think Hemsky was a rookie at a younger age. Pouliot will likely be 21 or 22 his rookie season

Indeed, Hemsky was only 19 for his first year. MA Pouliot will likely spend a season or two in the AHL unless he starts to tear it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->