Predators enjoy winning streak

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
After Nashville beat the Blackhawks 5-2 to pull ahead 2-1 in the season series, the Ottawa Senators came to town only to be sent back home with a beating. The Predators offense showed some little seen efficiency in this game. Outshot 23-31 by the Sens, the team scored 5 goals on superstar goaltender who left the ice after the 5th goal scored by defenseman Jim Vandermeer. Vandermeer was one of 5 goalscorers for the Preds and 3 players enjoyed multi-point games, a solid effort by all 4 lines.

On the other side of the ice rookie goaltender Kari Lehtonen stood on his head and frustrated the opposing forwards. "I got great support by my defense today" Lehtonen said after the game. "They kept the forwards to the outside and always let me have a clear view on the action. It's easy to get a shutout if the defense is playing that way."

On a less positive note, the team lost forward Dave Scatchard to injury early in the game. Scatchard will be out for about a week with a skate bite.

The most interesting stat of the season for the Predators is the comparison of the team's record before and after the Lindros-Trade. With Big E in the lineup, the Predators went 4-14-1-1, but since Lindros left the team is 5-3-2, a siginficant improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->