Predators award nominations

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Johansen should get some Selke votes imo.

Maybe some Messier votes for Josi and Masterton votes for Fiala?

And off-season can get a bit boring so count me in for the board awards.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Barkov, Karlsson and O'Reilly the Lady Byng finalists.

It's insane how O'Reilly only had one penalty this season, which was a delay of game penalty

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

You

Jul 1, 2010
Hard for me to believe someone is giving an honest defensive effort with no penalties against a skater.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I think the inmates have spoken. Let's do poster awards at the end of the year!

I do think we should limit one award per poster... else 303 would probably sweep every category :laugh:

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Hard for me to believe someone is giving an honest defensive effort with no penalties against a skater.

Before we got Turris, O'Reilly was one guy I was really hoping to get as a 2C for us.

One of the best two-way forwards in hockey right now, excellent at faceoff's, doesn't take a lot of penalties but works hard and is still just 27 years old.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Before we got Turris, O'Reilly was one guy I was really hoping to get as a 2C for us.

One of the best two-way forwards in hockey right now, excellent at faceoff's, doesn't take a lot of penalties but works hard and is still just 27 years old.
I would love O'Reilly on this team. Turris seemed like enough of a coup at the time it happened... it hasn't looked so good in a month or two now.. welp, Poile was trying.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I assume that you guys mean Ryan and not his brother and former Admiral Cal who is so-so in the AHL.

I have thought about how the Preds would be better if they signed Ryan and Calvin Pickard instead of Cal and Chet.

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
The last 20 games of the season cost him the Norris

Just to see Subban top 3 Norris this season, it s a big middle finger to all the haters

Yea. What happened? Was he injured or wasn't getting the opportunities? He was in 1st place IMO at one point then fell off and everyone caught up and surpassed him.

Hedman will win it.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Johansen should get some Selke votes imo.
I feel like Johansen is very underrated for his defensive abiilities and effort. He also gets a lot of crap when he's not lighting it up in the offensive zone, but even on his off nights he wins board battles and makes plays with very little space. Those small things seems to get overlooked. I missed more regular season games this season that I did in the previous two combined, but in the games I watched, he was our best or at least the better forwards in every one of them. Sure he had those off nights, but he wasn't bad, just worse for his standards.

Disclaimer; I've grown to like Johansen a lot, so might have a blind spot for his mistakes :laugh:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Like the Norris isn't usually the best defenseman just the defenseman who has the most points, the Selke isn't just about defense or a 4th liner type would be up for it. Seems to me he Selke is for the best centers who dont play well enough to get the Hart.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Good for Subban. He had a monster year while being relied on to take a ton of defensive zone starts and never missing a game.

This also should be something to take in consideration when voting for the Norris. Reliability is a key feature for a defenceman.

And PK has missed 5 games in his NHL career due to injurys? I hop ehe gets it this year.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
And PK has missed 5 games in his NHL career due to injurys? I hop he gets it this year.
He missed 16 games last season with a back injury. And missed 14 the year before (his last in montreal) with that neck injury.

Overall he's missed just 36 games his entire career when he played a full season. I can't say whether they were all for injury or not, but that's a very small amount.

*knocks on wood he stays healthy through the playoffs*

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
He missed 16 games last season with a back injury. And missed 14 the year before (his last in montreal) with that neck injury.

Overall he's missed just 36 games his entire career when he played a full season. I can't say whether they were all for injury or not, but that's a very small amount.

*knocks on wood he stays healthy through the playoffs*

Wow look at those playoff numbers:

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

DAMN

Reactions: sparkle twin

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
jonesey. that guy does everything.

Either him, or then we come up with the categories as a group.

and are we gonna have just the poster awards or are we gonna have awards for the team too like "Nashville defenseman of the year" or "MVP of the year"?

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I would prefer that someone at least be able to assist. It's a great idea for our offseason project though.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I'll assist if most of the topics and categories are made before the 9th of July. That's when I get to start to serve my country.

So as long as I have time. And I do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad