Confirmed with Link: Pre-season schedule

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=723155

Winnipeg Jets 2014 Pre-Season Schedule

Mon, Sept. 22 vs. Minnesota Wild @ MTS Centre 7:00 p.m.

Wed, Sept. 24 vs. Edmonton Oilers @ MTS Centre 7:00 p.m.

Sat, Sept. 27 @ Minnesota Wild @ Xcel Energy Center 7:00 p.m.

Mon, Sept. 29 @ Edmonton Oilers @ Rexall Place 8:00 p.m.

Tues, Sept. 30 vs. Ottawa Senators @ MTS Centre 7:00 p.m.

Thurs, Oct. 2 @ Calgary Flames @ Scotiabank Saddledome 8:00 p.m.

Sat, Oct. 4 vs. Calgary Flames @ MTS Centre 7:00 p.m.

*all times central

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

*all times central

Can't wait till September.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I wonder which ones won't be televised. I also wish they'd lower the prices of the pre-season games, they shouldn't be priced at the same level as regular season.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I wonder which ones won't be televised. I also wish they'd lower the prices of the pre-season games, they shouldn't be priced at the same level as regular season.

I'm pretty sure the Oilers Flames and Sens games will be. Doubt the road game in Minny is.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

*all times central

I was hoping for another Boston pre-season game so I could more easily dump my tickets.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

*all times central

Ahhhhhh yessssssss

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Four pre-season games at home and three on the road. Last year we had five home pre-season games (one in Belleville so four at MTS) and only three on the road (plus Saskatoon).

2011-12 we had an even split of three home and three away pre-season games. Feels like we get an extra helping of exhibition games every season.

I'll propose a deal: the fans will trade all of the exhibition games in exchange for four home playoff games.

All in favour?

m.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I'll propose a deal: the fans will trade all of the exhibition games in exchange for four home playoff games.

All in favour?

I'm in!

I know the pre-season is pretty much free money for True North but I would prefer if there were more road games than home.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

I agree but being charged the same makes it easier on me to administrate my season ticket group. A game is a game so no variability in who gets charged what. We have it set up to keep track of who goes to the preseason games from year to year so no one gets screwed over.

And I don't mind going to one or two preseason games anyway. Two of us in our group have more games, so we almost always get a preseason game each. We decided to just take each other so I'm usually at two preseason games a year. While they are meaningless, they're a pretty good opportunity to see our prospects when they are younger, so that's fun.

From a TNSE perspective, they're going to start seeing pretty significant amounts of empty seats I'd guess. I don't see any great draw there among those teams.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Happy to be a STH, but its unfortunate they are holding 4 home games (as in 4 games at MTS Centre at full price).
Most other teams usually have 3 home preseason games and discount the ticket relative to regular season. Ottawa is one example.
This is taking advantage of STHs who are locked in (and can't readily sell preseason tix - just remember last year).

FYI - If anyone wants to buy mine at the STH rate for P3 near blueline, they are yours (through Jets email transfer, not the Jetsexchange sales, so you don't pay the fees).

Last edited:

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
I enjoy watching pre-season on TV but not using up one of my Season tickets (group) for a meaningless game....
I would far prefer (A) less exhibition games in genera, and (B) maybe 2 at MTS Center with the rest played in St.Johns, Regina, Grandforks, Brandon, Kenora....

Personaly I think it would be great to have one Pre-season game every year in Brandon be a nice tradition and a opportunity for Westman fans to see the Jets.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If the revenue goes down (lower ticket price)for the preseason then it has to go up for the regular season (higher ticket price) In the end you pay the same.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
If the revenue goes down (lower ticket price)for the preseason then it has to go up for the regular season (higher ticket price) In the end you pay the same.

If the revenue goes down for the preseason they could recoup that by reducing an unneeded expense. Put the savings from buying out Pavelec towards lowering the cost of preseason games.

Every thread needs to have Pavs mentioned.

FWIW it'd be good to have preseason games priced low to give some people who could never afford a Jets ticket a chance to see some games.

m.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
T-Minus 94 days :D

Cannot wait.

Frankly, I have little enthusiasm for the upcomng season. I see myself dumping tickets and checking the late news for scores and highlights. I cannot bear to spend good money watching The Seive.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I enjoy watching pre-season on TV but not using up one of my Season tickets (group) for a meaningless game....
I would far prefer (A) less exhibition games in genera, and (B) maybe 2 at MTS Center with the rest played in St.Johns, Regina, Grandforks, Brandon, Kenora....

Personaly I think it would be great to have one Pre-season game every year in Brandon be a nice tradition and a opportunity for Westman fans to see the Jets.

Yup, but not Kenora. It is pretty small. Saskatoon, Regina, Brandon, St John's (they should be entitled to 1), I like Grand Forks too. Call it building the brand.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Frankly, I have little enthusiasm for the upcomng season. I see myself dumping tickets and checking the late news for scores and highlights. I cannot bear to spend good money watching The Seive.

I still find it impossible to believe he will be there. It is just too obvious. I need something to boost my optimism. Buyout Pav and sign 1 UFA would do it.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I still find it impossible to believe he will be there. It is just too obvious. I need something to boost my optimism. Buyout Pav and sign 1 UFA would do it.

Same here. I will be very excited no matter what happens, but an exciting UFA signing/trade or a Pavs buyout would make it 10x better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad