Pre-Lottery Top 15 Mock

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Been tweaking my rankings a lot lately and wanted to get something out there to get some feedback on. I love hearing as much as I can on rankings, and so it helps to publish something in order to do so. Ran the lottery on tankathon, it's more so a ranking than a mock in the sense that I'm not really taking the teams draft history/needs into account. It's just interesting to see what guys might be available when certain teams pick. My top 6 is pretty much locked in. I'll probably have those guys, in that order, come draft day. I'd say the rest of the top 10 is fairly set as well, however I'm not as solid on the order of 7-10. I could maybe see Dobson and Smith swapping places, but I think it's pretty likely Dobson goes top 10.

1. :sabres Rasmus Dahlin
2. :hawks Andrei Svechnikov
3. :nucks Filip Zadina
4. :sens Quinn Hughes
5. :coyotes Oliver Wahlstrom
6. :habs Adam Boqvist
7. :wings Vitali Kravtsov
8. :rangers Evan Bouchard
9. :edmonton Brady Tkachuk
10. :isles Noah Dobson
11. :canes Ty Smith
12. :isles Joe Veleno
13. :stars Jesperi Kotkaniemi
14. :flyers Joel Farabee
15. :panthers Isac Lundestrom

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Ottawa takes Boqvist. I don’t see Kravtsov going top 10. I see Dobson being the best D of the draft other than Dahlin.

Definitely likely Ottawa would take Boqvist. Again, not so much a mock of what team takes who, but rather who goes where, as far as overall goes. I also don't see Kravtsov going top 10; I think he likely goes top 20 come draft day. I'm pretty high on him though and think he's definitely worth a top 10 pick. The line between Boqvist/Bouchard/Dobson is razor thin for me; I think that's the part of the draft I'm most interested in seeing play out. Hughes is just slightly ahead of those guys for me, but I'd say it's more likely than not that one of those 3 is the second d-man after Dahlin.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Kravtsov at 7?

No thanks.

Again, not a true mock. Do the Wings take Kravtsov at 7? very doubtful. I have him ranked 7th though.

Very happy with this result for the Isles, of course. Hoping a team in front of us can fall in love with a forward so a defenseman like Dobson is still available when we pick.

The Isles are in a really good position in this draft; going to get 2 high quality prospects. I think it's likely Dobson goes higher than 10th, but they should have a good shot at taking Smith.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I on't think its a definite that Ottawa takes Boqvist .. IMO they take one of Wahlstrom or Tkachuk there

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
If you've seen him play, you'd want to take him.

I never said I wouldn't want to take him. I said I wouldn't want him at 7 as a Wings fan. I know all about him, he's highly skilled, good hands, good awareness, good vision. In a deep draft though, he's not a top 10 pick, let alone 7.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I never said I wouldn't want to take him. I said I wouldn't want him at 7 as a Wings fan. I know all about him, he's highly skilled, good hands, good awareness, good vision. In a deep draft though, he's not a top 10 pick, let alone 7.
He definitely should be a top 10 pick.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I on't think its a definite that Ottawa takes Boqvist .. IMO they take one of Wahlstrom or Tkachuk there

They take Boqvist. They take the defender in this draft unless they're at 2 or 3. Our forward prospect pool is much deeper and we can take another forward with the Pittsburgh 1st. My top 5 is Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Boqvist and Wahlstrom. But wouldn't be surprised if Ottawa took Hughes or Dobson at 5. Maybe even Bouchard.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They take Boqvist. They take the defender in this draft unless they're at 2 or 3. Our forward prospect pool is much deeper and we can take another forward with the Pittsburgh 1st. My top 5 is Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Boqvist and Wahlstrom. But wouldn't be surprised if Ottawa took Hughes or Dobson at 5. Maybe even Bouchard.
I doubt it. Not that Boqvist isn't good or worthy .. I think they take Tkachuk if he's available at 4. He is a unique enough skillset to take. Dobson would be my pick as a D over Boqvist and I have seen Boqvist play and I see the skill. I think Dobson will translate to the NHL faster and Dobson has #1 pair upside. If they decide to go Forward they can go D with the Pens pick and come away with a good D prospect. I would not be unhappy with Tkachuk, Dobson, Hughes or Boqvist at 4.
Wahlsstrom .. I've cooled off on a little after watching some of the U18 WC.. He is a shooter and a good one but I want more domination and play driving out of a top 4/5 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad