Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Game: Habs - Wash. Let's go, YOEL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
If Allen isn't traded by the TDL, it will be interesting to see how many starts he and Primeau get. I mean if the plan is to trade him, and go with Primeau, Primeau should be getting more starts than he's been getting.

It should go about: Montembault, Allen, Montembault, Primeau, Montembault, Allen, Montembault, Primeau, etc...

Sorry but i see no reason whatsoever to play Jake at this moment, clearly not gonna have a return better than a 4th or 5th round pick for him and we are wasting a good opportunity to give games to a younger goalie for devlopment, they made a mistake giving him a 3 year deal move on and play the kid dont doubledown on your mistake for the sake of a 5th round pick

Reactions: 26Mats and Habs13

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is that a good thing though?? ;)
It would have been, if he had at least performed.

Most of the Twitterverse is dumping on Allen and they're all using his wins and losses record as one of the reasons -- how absurd is that? If the team in front of him doesn't score, Allen can't win. There are much better isolated stats to gauge performance. I'm surprised this kind of fallacy is not relegated to ancient times.

The rule: A goalie receives a win, tie or loss if they are on the ice when either the game-winning or game-tying goal is scored.

So, all a goalie has to do is "be there" when the deciding moment happens. Sounds legit.

Reactions: Habs13

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Due for a win on team tank and team Allen.

Let’s go habs, let’s go Allen’s trade Value and let’s go team tank for another slaf style player.

helloconga

Oct 12, 2023
Florida
let’s go habs! went all in on the first line over some leafs for fantasy $. i believe in this team, 6-0 Allen blanchissage

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
It would have been, if he had at least performed.

Most of the Twitterverse is dumping on Allen and they're all using his wins and losses record as one of the reasons -- how absurd is that? If the team in front of him doesn't score, Allen can't win. There are much better isolated stats to gauge performance. I'm surprised this kind of fallacy is not relegated to ancient times.

The rule: A goalie receives a win, tie or loss if they are on the ice when either the game-winning or game-tying goal is scored.

So, all a goalie has to do is "be there" when the deciding moment happens. Sounds legit.
Yeah, that's pretty weird. They should just show the clips of him missing saves that have no business going in even at the pee wee level instead! Like goal three of four, I lost track, the other night. Off the back boards and in... that was incredible!

Deciding what kind of beer to get tonight... thinking maybe Hacker-Pschorr... though one bottle of it is like a meal in itself. Hmm..
What style is that? A stout?

Reactions: Runner77

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Deciding what kind of beer to get tonight... thinking maybe Hacker-Pschorr... though one bottle of it is like a meal in itself. Hmm..
My bet is on hard liquor
3pRAdKa.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad