Pre-Free Agency Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Gentlemen,

A reminder that we are now entering the final month before free agency begins. Given our annual Entry draft has now been scheduled for June 19th – a week earlier than the NHL’s entry draft - I would like to tentatively announce that free agency in the HFNHL will also begin a week earlier, with June 25th representing the deadline to sign pending restricted and unrestricted fee agents, as well as tender qualifying offers. Following this deadline, a list of restricted and unrestricted free agents will be put together and provided to the league, along with additional instructions on the free agency process. This will give a bit of time to put this together, while still meeting the July 1st date of free agency.

For the purposes of qualifying offers, the league average salary has been calculated at $1,617,333 per year. This means, that if a player is making more than this, a team must only make a 1-year offer equal to their current salary to qualify the player, making them a restricted free agent (assuming they don’t accept the offer). If the player is making less than the league average, then they require a 10% raise in a one year offer.

Again, keep in mind that qualifying offers MUST BE one-year offers only. So if you’re making offers to pending restricted free agents, and you do NOT offer a one year deal (even if it’s a lucrative multi-year deal), the player will be considered an unrestricted free agent if they don’t accept the offer.

In addition to those players under 30 who are not tendered qualifying offers, all unsigned players 30 years or older (on the Player’s Vital page) will be unrestricted free agents.

If you have any questions regarding free agency, please post them here, where they can be answered and discussed for all to see.

Regards,

Reggie Swingstein
HFNHL Player Agent

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Hey, Nick -

While we wait for the remaining draft results (OK, I have next to no picks, so it's not like I'm waiting much), do we have a status update on the FA lists? Might also be time to send out the FA rules again.

Hey - I've gotta have something to look forward to, don't I? ;)

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Yup - this list is done, and things should be finalized and up in the next few days - and there may even be an article thrown in to boot. Perhaps 24 hours, if Dion is able to provide a quick turn around. Stay tuned!

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Yup - this list is done, and things should be finalized and up in the next few days - and there may even be an article thrown in to boot. Perhaps 24 hours, if Dion is able to provide a quick turn around. Stay tuned!

What do you mean by that... I still in a haze about Wheeler's pick.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->