GDT: Pre-Deadline Edition | EDM @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
My only comment is that I wish they could play games like this in October, November and December.

Now we go into our late season rush against mostly backup goaltenders where we look like a competent team.

The front office needs to decide who is a contender or a pretender for next season. We know Roslovic has done this before. I know its a short time frame so far but I think Nylander is showing he's worth keeping around. We've seen players be late bloomers like Marchessault who kick around the minors until it finally clicks. Nylander has the top 10 pick pedigree and never got a real chance with Pittsburgh. Maybe this one could finally stick when this could really be his last shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: LJ7 and koteka

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Feels like a staple of the CBJ.

5 on 3? Kill off the first one then let them score 5v4 with 10-20 seconds left on the PP.
It was a beautiful redirect short side by them. They’re allowed to play too.

I have to say the more I watch Tarasov, the more impressed Iam.
He seems to be moving well and finding his game.
He is very calm and efficient in his movement. If he stays healthy, he’s a #1 for us.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Re: Tarasov

This group is so Jekyll and Hyde with him. He's strung together 1 good week with a team that is playing much better and more organized in front of him and they sing his praises but we've all thought he's been trash until about a week ago.

Maybe we slow our roll a bit. He was good tonight but the overall body of work has been suspect like everyone else. Coincidentally Elvis has played better recently too when he can stay healthy. Maybe the team play in front has a good bit to do with all of this.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sounds like something Kane would do. Didnt notice it myself but I watched the SN broadcast. They also wondered why Olivier was mad at Foegle for his little slash on Danforth while he was on the ice hurt
"But you're Columbus. You don't matter. Why are these players acting like they matter?"

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
The point should be that's not a goal you should expect the goalie to stop every time.
I’m not saying it was. You’re making a big deal out of a nothing burger. Or just missing the joke, idk.

Was supposed to be a “joke” about how the Jackets could have 5 on 3 last 70 mins, and they would kill 69:48 of it. Always feel like we kill off 5 on 3s then give up a goal 5v4 right before the player is coming out of the box.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00