GDT: Pre-Competition • Dec. 20 • Sweden vs. Denmark • 8-0 final

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'm just curious why the Swedes ended up with that big of a PP opportunity disadvantage? Winning 8-0 and, from the stats, controlling the game completely?

They were all over Denmark, sometimes too much. You can count most of them into the bad penalties column, hooks and whatnot 200ft from the own net.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Yeah found a write-up from the game in Danish for those of you interested.

LINK: http://al-bankligaen.dk/nyheder.aspx?docid=11742

For those of you who don't understand Danish:

According to this Denmark started the game fine, and had a 2 on 1 chance(Bjorkstrand and Spelling) but missed. The Swedes punished the Danes for every mistake and when two Danish d-men lost their battles behind the net the Swedes(Forsberg i guess) took advantage of it.

Feuk started but got yanked after looking bad on a shot from a weak angle that went in. Third goal was a deflection on a hard pass from a back. The fourth goal was just the Swedes in a higher tempo. The Danes had a couple of chance but didn't capatilize.

The fifth goal was a rebound-goal. The sixth goal started out as a Danish attack by the Bjorkstrand-Spelling line but ended in the Danish net via good a good transition play by the Swedes. Nicklas Jensen had a shot on the crossbar.

Sweden gets credit for finishing every check and not backing down at 4/5/6-0. Denmark had a couple of chances by Mathias Bau and Bjerrum but the Swedish transition game was up to speed and made the Danes pay nad Christian Larsen had to show some good saves(Well that's new).

Nicklas Jensen hit the post again and at the end Sweden made it 8-0. Apparently well earned.

The host city Olds gets a lot of credit to which is nice. At least the boys are enjoying their stay in NA :)

Still, denmark have a young team with no experience, i think denmark has a lot of potential. I cheer for you. Greetings from Sweden

Thanks mate... We're gonna need all the brotherly love we can get ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad