GDT: Pre-Competition • Dec. 20 • Czech Republic vs. Latvia • 7-1 final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Moleman

Was saying Boortuzzi
Apr 4, 2004
FTW
Because playing for Germany blows?

Playing for Latvia would certainly blow less than playing for Lithuania...unless we're talking basketball.

This is basically correct, unless you can't get into the line-up, which Heatley can certainly do. The IIHF is one of the most strict about these sort of things, but there's only so much you can do if the player wants to make their first team another country.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Any chance to see the scorebox or something of this game somewhere on the net?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I looked at this thread and thought WTF how did this happen? Latvia beating the Czechs and 7-1!? Then I realized that it´s probably a mistake and checked it on hokej.cz website ;)

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Why would there be an american playing for Finland? I was just wondering.
Sure there might be a Lithuanian or a player of other ethnicity (other than Russian) on team Latvia, I was just trying not fall asleep and maybe it sounded like I was saying it's impossible but no, currently there are no Lithuanians and I don't think there has been one or will be in forseeable future

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Latvia – Czech Republic 1:7 (0:1, 1:3, 0:3)
Straka (Nosek, Bohumil) 0:1 (10:40, PP), Jaskin (Sekac, Holik) 0:2 (32:25), Sekac (Jaskin, PP) 0:3 (35:18) , Hertl (Pribil, Straka) 0:4 (35:37), Kuzmenkovs (Siksna, Hvorostiņins) 1:4 (36:28), Pribil (Hrbas) 1:5 (41:32), Holik (Zamorski, Sekac) 1:6 (54:24), Hika (Nosek, Jank) 1:7 (58:42).
Goaltenders: Gudeļevskis (no 31:46 Merzļikins) – Kasik (no 31:46 Kral)
Shots: 26–53 (5-19, 14-15, 7-20)
Penalties: 10 - 25

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Of course
Pribyl is winger

Really?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=101160

I only find it odd because I'm a habs fan who was sold on the idea of Pribyl being a center. Does he normally play wing with his club in the czech republic?

Sure there might be a Lithuanian or a player of other ethnicity (other than Russian) on team Latvia, I was just trying not fall asleep and maybe it sounded like I was saying it's impossible but no, currently there are no Lithuanians and I don't think there has been one or will be in forseeable future

Bummer. The little lady's lithuanian and I'm desperately trying to get her into hockey.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Bummer. The little lady's lithuanian and I'm desperately trying to get her into hockey.

It's hard to get a Lithuanian interested in hockey :D I know some Lithuanian ladies who live here, in Latvia, and I've tried to get them into hockey or just go to some Dinamo Riga hockey games but no luck... they're only into basketball :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad