Prayers for Jordan and his family

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
just awful news. guessing this is related to the emergency hospital trip a couple nights ago. what a rollercoaster that must have been. hopefully Jordan and Heather can find strength from family and loved ones in this trying time.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Stuff like this is beyond words.

I hope the organization gives him plenty of space for this. Let him have the rest of the season to do whatever he needs to do.

I'm absolutely sure that they'll let Jordan do whatever he feels is best. For all this organization's faults, they have always been very good to their people.

Anyway, all the best to Jordan and his wife and family as they go through this terrible part of their lives.

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Ours is four months. She lights up the room with her smile and she rolled over for the first time today. I can't imagine what he's going through. I know we'd be absolutely devastated if we lost her.

I haven't told my wife either.

My daughter is 3, she was a month premature. The scare of her being taken to NICU cause she was having problems breathing after birth was beyond words for me.

With them just having a child last year in July, this one would have been 3-4 months premature. Something happened and caused the early labor.

I can’t imagine what they are going through.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Anyone have any idea how old the daughter was? Just curious. What a devastating occurrence. Thoughts to everyone in the family and on the team.

Apparently players were telling some people before the first game he missed that his wife was about to give birth, so sounds like newborn. Really, really shitty situation if that's the case.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Apparently players were telling some people before the first game he missed that his wife was about to give birth, so sounds like newborn. Really, really ****ty situation if that's the case.
I wasn’t sure about his family situation, so I googled him and he has two daughters. This would have been their third. I can’t even fathom. My daughter has the same name, that hit a spot when I read it this morning.

BabchukCanon

Jan 18, 2011
Apex, NC
I had debated telling my wife this as she went out of town last night for a business trip. Our twin daughters are now almost 14 months old. They were born 2 months early. The time in the NICU is scary, because you never know what will happen with it, any phone call from the number scares you to the core.

There was one instance with us that I don't know if I will ever forget. We took my son (2 years old at the time) with her while the twins were in the NICU one Sunday morning to Marbles Kids Museum. We had been relying on my parents and friends/neighbors to watch him some so we could go to the NICU most mornings. This was about week two or three in it and we wanted to get normalcy to his life so we thought going to the museum would be fun and help. When we were upstairs building the cars on the ramp my wife got a call from the NICU. They found irregular heart beats in the girls and the world just kind of froze for us. She felt guilty that this was the first morning she wasn't there for them so we could be with our son and I did too. Thankfully they've fully recovered from all of it and are very healthy, but even in cases where everything seems to go right it can turn on a dime.

I can't imagine what the Staals are going through with this. The NICU is a scary place for a parent not fully knowing what's going on. We lucked out that we had many more good days than bad, but our worst day doesn't compare. I hate saying thoughts and prayers because I'm more of a needs to do something type person, but in this case there really isn't a lot to do but be as supportive as possible.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I would think a death in the your immediate family would constitute being out for a prolonged period of time. I mean I know the business of professional sports is rain or shine, but this is different. I hope he takes the rest of the season, honestly.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I would think a death in the your immediate family would constitute being out for a prolonged period of time. I mean I know the business of professional sports is rain or shine, but this is different. I hope he takes the rest of the season, honestly.

I think whatever he does it has to just be up to him and his family. He may want to come back to have some sense of normalcy or distraction. He may want to do the opposite. He may need to be with his family 24/7. Either way, it should be a family decision and whatever that may be needs to be respected 100%.

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I think whatever he does it has to just be up to him and his family. He may want to come back to have some sense of normalcy or distraction. He may want to do the opposite. He may need to be with his family 24/7. Either way, it should be a family decision and whatever that may be needs to be respected 100%.

100% this

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
I'm not a guy who prays for people but they sure have all my sympathy. What a terrible news and as has been said many times, this really makes hockey seem quite unimportant. Hope media lets them be and they can handle the situation in peace.

It's a cliche because it's true: time heals. I really hope Jordan will come back only after he really feels like it. In that kind of situation, he should forget any kind of duty for his team and think family first.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Toby Enstrom was away a prolonged time in the previous season when his fiancee was fighting cancer in Sweden, and the Jets organization and players supported them for a charity auction against cancer. There is a humane side to how they conduct business in NHL, apparently even trade requests to a specific team are sought to be fulfilled if a player needs to move close to a seriously sick relative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->