Praises for Russian coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
I know that some imbeciles from Canadian Television put a lot of undeserved blame on Russian coaches during the first Russia's game against Slovakia (they also today called Tretiak Vladimir) and that is why I want to tell to North American fans that today Russian coach outcoached Quinn and the company. Russians did not play their own game today but they played the game, which let them pretty comfortably beat Canada. Russia never looked in real trouble in this game and that is very impressive considering Canada played its best game of the tournament.

Vladimir Krikunov is a great coach, he did create a fantastic atmosphere in the team and he made his players play their own best, just look at Kozlov's, Sushinsky's and Yashin's performance. Krikunov found a role for each player on this team and the players know what they actually should do on the ice.

shawn_kemp*

is it so hard to outcoach Quinn? :sarcasm: I mean his seat is on fire ...

Today I really understood that Krikunov is a great master. Not because of the result. It's because of yesterday's game vs. USA.

He said that the game vs. the US was meant to be a training session for the defense and goaltending before the QF. And I think he did very well! :clap:

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
shawn_kemp said:
is it so hard to outcoach Quinn? I mean his seat is on fire ...

If you don't think that Quinn, his assistants are not good coaches then you are no better than those imbeciles.

shawn_kemp*

Siberian said:
If you don't think that Quinn, his assistants are not good coaches then you are no better than those imbeciles.

I added the sarcasm smiley, my post is more explicit now ;)

Krikunov :bow:

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
shawn_kemp said:
I added the sarcasm smiley, my post is more explicit now ;)

Krikunov :bow:

I also think that defensively the team does look great perhaps because of Mikhailov. It was Mikhailov who got the silver at the WC last time for Russia 3 years ago and that team was good defensively.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
As I was rooting for Russia, I dont feel the same way as the original poster. I thought the game coulda swung either way, both teams played as hard as they could. Russia played awesome and theres no doubt since they got the W they deserved to win, but I think its not right to say they won "comfortably".

Good game by both teams, and we all know well be seeing Canada again going for the gold in 4 years, hope these two can play again, great game.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Canada barely had any real scoring chances except for 2 on 1 where Russian D-man played brilliantly. I guess Broduer keeping Canada in the game made this look good for Canada but other than that Russia looked like a much better team.

shawn_kemp*

Siberian said:
I also think that defensively the team does look great perhaps because of Mikhailov. It was Mikhailov who got the silver at the WC last time for Russia 3 years ago and that team was good defensively.

I clearly remeber reading that Mikhailov is responsible for the offense, while Yurzinov works with the defense. :)

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
I doubt the russians can be stopped, they are playing very good defensivly, great goaltending and fantastic offense, alot of praise to the russian coach for putting together a team that works this hard of all these stars.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
shawn_kemp said:
I clearly remeber reading that Mikhailov is responsible for the offense, while Yurzinov works with the defense. :)

Yeah, I just did read it in gazeta.ru (you must have too, because I did not see this info before).

I must say that Krikunov is showing that he has a nature of the winner. His Belarus miracle alone should give him the recognition in the hockey world, but also the fact he won the Russian Championship, European Champions Cup and Russia's improved play at the last WC and all the EuroTour games. I think Krikunov can lead this team to many wins.

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
The credit here I think goes to GM Pavel Bure, although the coaching itself was above par. I loved the emphasis on speed and cretivity. But, more than anything, I loved that Mr. Bure made heart a requirement to compete. The winners, as Sun Tzu said in "The Art of War", have already won in their minds--before they go to battle.

shawn_kemp*

Siberian said:
Yeah, I just did read it in gazeta.ru (you must have too, because I did not see this info before).

No I read it in Sport Express, before the Olympics. They had long interviews with each coach, and they explained what each of them was working on!

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
Siberian said:
Canada barely had any real scoring chances except for 2 on 1 where Russian D-man played brilliantly. I guess Broduer keeping Canada in the game made this look good for Canada but other than that Russia looked like a much better team.

Most Canadian fans would probably agree with you. Have you noticed that no one is complaining about the ref blowing his whistle early on the Canadian goal, or otherwise whining about the officiating, Siberian? Maybe you can keep that in mind the next time the Russian junior team falls short at the WJCs. Just a bit of advice. ;)

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
colonel_korn said:
Most Canadian fans would probably agree with you. Have you noticed that no one is complaining about the ref blowing his whistle early on the Canadian goal, or otherwise whining about the officiating, Siberian? Maybe you can keep that in mind the next time the Russian junior team falls short at the WJCs. Just a bit of advice. ;)

What is there to complain about for Canadians? 9 powerplays, where some were really weak? How can you complain about something that ref did actually right blowing the whistle when he lost the view of the puck and Nabokov was down??? Please do not mix it with the juniors final when there was unpredecented replacement of the referee minutes before the game where the Russian side was not even aware of that???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad