• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Who are the best power forwards today?

1Alexander Ovechkin:caps
2Brady Tkachuk:sens
3Matthew Tkachuk:panthers

The top three forwards will advance to a head to head where the order will be asked. This will provide a greater consensus and will hopefully speed up the process. This poll is operating under the provision that all forwards have some power forward qualities. Emphasize power forward qualities.

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
How did Brady beat Matthew?
Better power forward

Who are the best power forwards today?

1Alexander Ovechkin:caps
2Brady Tkachuk:sens
3Matthew Tkachuk:panthers

The top three forwards will advance to a head to head where the order will be asked. This will provide a greater consensus and will hopefully speed up the process. This poll is operating under the provision that all forwards have some power forward qualities. Emphasize power forward qualities.
Why do the top 3 advance, I thought the order was decided on first vote lol.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Better power forward

Why do the top 3 advance, I thought the order was decided on first vote lol.
The last poll I did was way too confusing to be completely honest. I would do a normal poll but the problem is:

Draisaitl (if added) could potentially win with a slim amount of the votes because he’s overwhelmingly the best overall player. But is he a deserving candidate though if everyone else has him at the bottom? I’m trying to prevent this. The second head to head poll will determine the favorite. The first poll will ensure the majority approves. Sorry I hope I didn’t confuse you.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Why is the 3rd best power forward not a power forward?

Puts the legitimacy of this poll into question.

Reactions: wintersej

SensFan4lyfe

Nov 2, 2022
Ovie is not a power forward my god.

Cam Neely
Eric Lindros
Gordie Howe
Tod Bertuzzi
Keith Tkachuk

A power forward is someone who can dominate a physically, fight and score.

None of those players are the true definition of a power forward.

There is currently not a True power forward in the NHL.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Ovie is not a power forward my god.

Cam Neely
Eric Lindros
Gordie Howe
Tod Bertuzzi
Keith Tkachuk

A power forward is someone who can dominate a physically, fight and score.

None of those players are the true definition of a power forward.

There is currently not a True power forward in the NHL.

Ovechkin dominates physically, and he scores.

Fighting is irrelevant to hockey. It's a sideshow. It would be beyond dumb for a player of Ovie's caliber to take himself out of games to fight vastly inferior players.

Power forwards have evolved.

Reactions: banks

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I chose Tuch because I don't necessarily consider Svechnikov (or Ovie for that matter) a power forward because he feels somewhere between that and a sniper

SensFan4lyfe

Nov 2, 2022
Ovechkin dominates physically, and he scores.

Fighting is irrelevant to hockey. It's a sideshow. It would be beyond dumb for a player of Ovie's caliber to take himself out of games to fight vastly inferior players.

Power forwards have evolved.
Ovie is not a power foward he's a sniper.

He doesnt take over a game physically like lindros did.

A true power forward is Lindros.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Many people don’t consider Miller a power forward but I will consider adding him soon.

I would describe JT Miller as an "enigmatic power forward". Basically...he's a power forward, but only when he feels like it.

He can be a real bully on the ice at times. But he can also be a buttery soft floater when he's not in the mood. I don't know if that inconsistency disqualifies him or not. He also doesn't tend to have the sheer violence as a forechecker that i'd expect of a true "power forward", but there are really only a small handful of guys in the league today who actually do consistently display that mentality, and also have the offensive/scoring skills to make them a real "power forward" rather than just an energy line grinder/checker.

Reactions: RapidKnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad