Pouliot Leads Quebec League In Goalscoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
shoyen said:
rrrrrrrright.....

because marchant was such a horrible player for the oilers.... and comrie's attitude problems were a direct result of his size, no doubts about it :shakehead

(note the sarcasm)

Yeah - I agree to a point, although you should understand that the Oilers really do need a bigger center, so it's not completely absurd. Having said that, of course I'd take Parise if offered, and I think probably the Parise for Pouliot + Jacques trade is still pretty even as far as I'm concerned.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
hunter1909 said:
parise = another small forward...

oilers = dont want any more midgets...after marchant/cancer comrie

then they should have picked the good old Western boy in Ryan Getzlaf. I think he's a pretty sure bet to play at a high level in the NHL. If people are going to make Parise vs Pouliot a debate then Getzlaf should be considered as well.

windowlicker

Jun 17, 2003
Murky Wisconsin
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Edmonton traded the 17th pick for a 23rd and the 68th pick

17th pick - Parise

for

23rd pick - Pouliot
68th pick - Jacques

Edmonton passed up on taking Parise for Pouliot essentially.

The Oil werent going to select Zach with the 17th pick, which is why they traded down. The knew they could get the player they wanted at a lower spot. Also, last time I checked, the Oil were not the only team that passed up on Parise.

hunter1909*

shoyen said:
rrrrrrrright.....

because marchant was such a horrible player for the oilers.... and comrie's attitude problems were a direct result of his size, no doubts about it :shakehead

(note the sarcasm)

obviously this lame-o didnt see how easily the dallas stars knocked the two micro-players marchant and cancer comrie around in the playoffs..

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
hunter1909 said:
obviously this lame-o didnt see how easily the dallas stars knocked the two micro-players marchant and cancer comrie around in the playoffs..

Remember the 97 playoffs??? Don't remember Micro-Marchant getting pushed around then. He may be gone, but Todd Marchant was a hell of an Oiler in his day. :shakehead

shoyen

Feb 11, 2003
St. Albert, Alberta
Visit site
hunter1909 said:

yes....I am a "lame-o"....you got me there. :help:

Actually, this "lame-o" did see that series, and more importantly I saw the 10 years of hockey that Marchant put into the oilers before that. He was a really great oiler, and one playoff series where he was expected to be a top 6 forward (which he really isnt) and could not produce certainly isnt going to change my opinion about him or tarnish my perception of every player under 6feet.

Also Comrie was once a very good oiler as well. In his first full season he managed to score 60 points, 33 or which were goals. Now I certainly am not saying that I like Comrie, because I really do hate his off ice personality. But he has proven to be an effective hockey player, despite his small stature.

The oilers do need a large center and I certainly hope (and expect) Pouliot to become that, but lets not diminish the 'smaller' players that we have had. After all one of the smallest players in the NHL managed to win the scoring race this year, and walk away with the Hart trophy.....

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
shoyen said:

Actually, this "lame-o" did see that series, and more importantly I saw the 10 years of hockey that Marchant put into the oilers before that. He was a really great oiler, and one playoff series where he was expected to be a top 6 forward (which he really isnt) and could not produce certainly isnt going to change my opinion about him or tarnish my perception of every player under 6feet.

Also Comrie was once a very good oiler as well. In his first full season he managed to score 60 points, 33 or which were goals. Now I certainly am not saying that I like Comrie, because I really do hate his off ice personality. But he has proven to be an effective hockey player, despite his small stature.

The oilers do need a large center and I certainly hope (and expect) Pouliot to become that, but lets not diminish the 'smaller' players that we have had. After all one of the smallest players in the NHL managed to win the scoring race this year, and walk away with the Hart trophy.....

There is nothing wrong with small centers but when u have York Comrie and Marchant u need a big center for sure it was just a need at the time. They didn't draft the best player availbe but drafted by need instead.

hunter1909*

shoyen said:

to me marchant was nothing more than a useful 3rd liner...and the past 10 years of oilers getting booted in round 1 has made me want better players...WHICH IS WHY WE NEED TO SMASH THE N.H.L.P.A.

hunter1909*

shoyen said:

and as for cancer comrie...

i dont remember him winning the oilers anything not even a playoff round...if thats a top hockey player then i guess im getting hit in the head too much

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
hunter1909 said:
and as for cancer comrie...

i dont remember him winning the oilers anything not even a playoff round...if thats a top hockey player then i guess im getting hit in the head too much

Well if a player's ability is measured by his team's success, I am sure am glad the Oilers never drafted Ilya Kovalchuk and Dany Heatley!!!!

They can't even get the Thrashers into the playoffs, let alone win a round..... :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad