Potential World Cup Rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Chimera*

Slay said:
By new rules he can play for Russia. He played in Russia 5 or more years (just not sure exactly) thus he can play for Russia, and after all he is Russian.
Well, the iihf will never accept him, but the World Cup I don't think has anything to do with the iihf, so I think he'll be accepted. But I could be wrong.

Eisbaerenfan

Dec 4, 2003
Kronblom said:
Interesting to see that this halfswede/halfgerman Jonas Stöpfgeshoff is doing so well in the DEL, but seeing him as a pontential player for the World Cup wouldn´t that be asking for too much?

Jonas Stöpfgeshoff has played 9 games for the swedish junior national team, I don´t know how that will affect his chances with Team Germany in the future though.

Stöpfgeshoff is playing in Frankfurt since 2002. You have to live at least two years in the country that you want to play for if you have a dual citizenship i think. Germanys coach Zach said that he would have nominated him for the Deutschland Cup, if he had been eligible. Maybe you're right he might not be ready to play against world stars but which german defenders other than Mirko Lüdemann are? Team Germany will do well if they focus on their fighting spirit.

Badger Bob

forbesy said:
USA looks a lot stronger then I thought they would be

Yep, one of the scribes from THN (Mike Brophy?) was just about ready to write off Team USA. Depending on how the final roster shapes up, they should be a serious contender. The only real questionable area, at this point, is a top-end #1 goalie.

Maybe something like this?

LeClair-Modano-Hull
Tkachuk-Weight-Guerin
Roenick-Drury-Amonte
Cole-Marchant-Langenbrunner
spares: Deadmarsh, Rolston
(injury replacements: York, Konowalchuk)

Leetch-Hatcher
Carney-Chelios
Rafalski-Miller
Leopold
(injury replacements: Poti, Schneider)

Dunham
DiPietro
Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events