Potential Offensive Dynamos?

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Which players can be considered to be potentially big (quality) point producers for the NHL in the draft this year? I know it may be hard to judge, but just by going on what skills they have at their current level..and how scouts may forsee them.

Kane
Gagner
Cherepanov
Turris?
...etc?

HockeyMind9

I think all of the guys mentioned can be decent point producers (max out around 80 points?) but it would take them all a few years to get there. I think Cherepanov and Kane would be the closest though. Gagner and Turris might take a while to get bigger and adapt.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
I'm no expert but I'd say Kane, Gagner, Voracek, Turris, Cherepanov, Couture, and maybe Van Reimsdyk could all produce big time at the NHL level. The wild-card is Angelo Esposito, if this kid puts it together he could be the best offensive player to come out of this draft (and probably by a pretty good margin) but if he doesn't he's going to be nothing more than an average NHLer, if that.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
so is esposito this years benoit pouliot?

I think Espo could be this year's Kessel. Pouiliot kinda came out of nowhere whereas 2006 was Kessel's year and he was overtaken. For a long time 2007 was looked at as Esposito's year and it's pretty evident he is not the consensus #1.

Kane looks promising. He's producing at a pretty damn good clip in London and played well for the US. Same for Gagner. I haven't seen too much of Cherepanov but I hear good things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->