Potential of Nathan Horton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers1*

Jacobv2 said:
I think Lindros is a bad comparison because the Lindros's seem to be highly prone to concussions, more so than the average human being. Horton's injuries, while severe, have been more random. Bicep, shoulder, concussion. No real pattern there.

Apparently, you've only been watching hockey for about five years.

Lindros' injury problems go way beyond just the concussions. The first thing that threatened his career were knee injuries (surgeries on both of them), then there were groin injuries, shoulder injuries, elbow problems (including chronic tendonitis), and a collapsed lung.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Laraque27 said:
Apparently, you've only been watching hockey for about five years.

Lindros' injury problems go way beyond just the concussions. The first thing that threatened his career were knee injuries (surgeries on both of them), then there were groin injuries, shoulder injuries, elbow problems (including chronic tendonitis), and a collapsed lung.
We were talking about Bret Lindros, Copernicus.

Oilers1*

Jacobv2 said:
I think Lindros is a bad comparison because the Lindros's seem to be highly prone to concussions, more so than the average human being. Horton's injuries, while severe, have been more random. Bicep, shoulder, concussion. No real pattern there.

Interesting, I guess since you pluralized LINDROS, then there were two Brett's?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Are you saying they aren't prone to concussions?

Clearly Eric has had a history of various injuries, but they start and end with concussions. As far as I know Brett only had problems with concussions.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
What does it matter, it's like you're really trying to make him look stupid. Concussions ultimately ended NOTH Lindros's careers, and yes, I dared to pluralize.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
BobMarleyNYR said:
What does it matter, it's like you're really trying to make him look stupid. Concussions ultimately ended NOTH Lindros's careers, and yes, I dared to pluralize.

Last I remember Eric is still playing..so his career hasn't actually "ended".

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Patrick - Flames Fan said:
Last I remember Eric is still playing..so his career hasn't actually "ended".

I think he was speaking metaphorically, he certainly isn't the same hitting/scoring machine of the late nineties.

Lauser3*

Doomsday Device said:
Visors are mandatory in the CHL.

Right, but if you read the post...I was talking about Vlad (as in Vladimir, who Horton fought and who wears a visor and plays in the NHL) Malakhov. Thanks anyway though...I'm sure some people around here didn't know that. Laters.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
BobMarleyNYR said:
Brett & Eric Lindros were freaks of nature, they were in spectacular shape, but I think it really came down to neck muscles that caused all their injuries.

Are these faulty neck muscles the reason Eric always skated with his head down?

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
I agree with you... IMO Horton just needs better conditioning, and he's got ample time. We can have patience with him. Guys like Dan Fritsche are more concerning, 'cause Fritsche doesn't have the right frame to grow much stronger.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
mazmin said:
Are these faulty neck muscles the reason Eric always skated with his head down?

Hahahaha, could be... just something I read. But Eric did get whacked while looking at the puck many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->