Potential for Jeff Carter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
As if the league would agree to that...

There is no reason to suspect the teams and the league office didn't talk about this matter. If Bettman says the rights will stay that's the way it's going to be.

leafaholix*

Sanderson said:
As if the league would agree to that...

There is no reason to suspect the teams and the league office didn't talk about this matter. If Bettman says the rights will stay that's the way it's going to be.
They were drafted under the old CBA, which stated the rights to the players would belong to the teams up to June 1, 2005... and there isn't going to be an extension because of a NHL inflicted lockout.

It's not in the hands of the NHL, the players have a legitimate case to make if they choose to declare themselves UFA's if they do not have a contract by June 1... which will be the case if the CBA is not settled.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Carl O'Steen said:
Agreed.

The NHLPA's not going to allow the NHL teams to hang onto their rights when the NHL has put the league through hell and back with the lockout. There's not chance they're going to give up all the money with a salary cap and then allow teams to keep the rights to these players any longer than it was allowed... June 1st, 2005.

Given their current circumstances, do you really believe the NHLPA is going to go to bat for players who aren't even members at this point? The PA will gladly throw these guys under the bus if need be to get a deal that better suits the current membership.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Wondercarrot said:
Jeff Carter is not nearly as fast as Modano imo. I like him but he's nothing like Modano.

He looks quite a bit like Modano to me. And he looks like a blazing skater out there to me.

Sounds to me like you underrate his skating. Carter IMO was as fast as any other Canadian forward. Sometimes big guys don't look like they are going as fast because they have a longer stride, that may have thrown you off. Or perhaps you just haven't seen a lot of Carter, in which case your credibility would be questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad