Potential Euros to CHL next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
The U-18 Tournament being on this week, I would be curious to read which Euro players would be available for CHL teams next season.
In general will they prefer to play in Europe or will they want to come over?
I wonder what effect the NHL lockout might have on the best prospects.
Also I would like to know which ones are the best ones.

Lukko4

May 15, 2002
Montreal, QC
These are a few guys I think will be heavily persued for the CHL Draft.

Czech - David Ruzicka, Jiri Tlusty, Michal Frolik (doubtful he will come), David Kveton, Ondrej Fiala

Denmark - Morten Madsen

Finland - Oskar Osala, Teemu Laakso, Jesse Joensuu

Germany - Thomas Pielmeier, Max Brandl, Philip Gogulla

Russia - Vjacheslav Buravchikov, Anton Krysanov, Denis Osipov, Denis Istomin

Swiss - Alessandro Chiesa (won't come, 2 year contract with Ambri), Leonardo Genoni, Jannik Steinmann

Slovakia - Lukas Bohunicky, Tomas Marcinko, Juraj Mikus, Richard Lelkes, David Buc, Marek Bartanus, Martin Domian, Peter Hubinsky

Sweden - Niklas Bergfors (doubtful he would come)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
perhaps Canucks draftee Alexander Edler, who will not see any significant SEL ice time in MODO with three defenseman of the same age being ranked ahead of him.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
Stevenet said:

Czech - David Ruzicka, Jiri Tlusty, Michal Frolik (doubtful he will come), David Kveton, Ondrej Fiala

Denmark - Morten Madsen

Germany - Thomas Pielmeier, Max Brandl, Philip Gogulla

Russia - Vjacheslav Buravchikov, Anton Krysanov, Denis Osipov, Denis Istomin

Swiss - Alessandro Chiesa (won't come, 2 year contract with Ambri), Leonardo Genoni, Jannik Steinmann

Slovakia - Lukas Bohunicky, Tomas Marcinko, Juraj Mikus, Richard Lelkes, David Buc, Marek Bartanus, Martin Domian, Peter Hubinsky

Sweden - Niklas Bergfors (doubtful he would come)

Could you give us the position of each player??

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
If someone could talk Jiri Tlusty into coming to North America and more importantly the CHL I would love it.

He's my favourite player outside of the top 3 for the 2006 draft.

Unbiased Canadian

Lukko4

May 15, 2002
Montreal, QC
montreal said:
What about from Latvia? I've heard their '06 crop has some quality prospects.

Kaspars Daugavins, F
Kaspars Saulietis, F
Marcis Zembergs, F
Toms Hartmanis, F
Arturs Kulda, D
Arturs Dzelzs, GK

and for the 2006 Import Draft, keep an eye on 1989 born Janis Straupe

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Stevenet said:
Kaspars Daugavins, F
Kaspars Saulietis, F
Marcis Zembergs, F
Toms Hartmanis, F
Arturs Kulda, D
Arturs Dzelzs, GK

and for the 2006 Import Draft, keep an eye on 1989 born Janis Straupe

Thanks Steve

Olorin

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Predatore said:
perhaps Canucks draftee Alexander Edler, who will not see any significant SEL ice time in MODO with three defenseman of the same age being ranked ahead of him.

Would it make sense for Morten Madsen to come to North America based on the depth of Frolunda on both the SEL and J20 levels? Or would he be likely to see increased playing time next season?

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Stevenet said:

I really don't think Laakso would leave HIFK, as long as King let's him play. If he doesn't get any elite league ice time, then he might consider it, but I really doubt it.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
RangerFan13 said:
Would it make sense for Morten Madsen to come to North America based on the depth of Frolunda on both the SEL and J20 levels? Or would he be likely to see increased playing time next season?

Frölunda had an enormous depth this season, it was almost ridicolous. No matter what(if it was box- or powerplay), they used all four lines whole games and crushed everyone silly.

They will be really strong next year as well, but not as strong as this year i think. I can´t see Sebastian Karlsson, Richard DeménWillaume nor Anton Axelsson doing their last year as a junior in Frölunda J20. So I think Madsens ice time will increase a bit.

But i can´t understand why everyone is so extremely high on Madsen, as Starkov(the other danish player in Frölunda J20) is better and has bigger potential imo.

Olorin

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
An Ape called Yoko said:
Frölunda had an enormous depth this season, it was almost ridicolous. No matter what(if it was box- or powerplay), they used all four lines whole games and crushed everyone silly.

They will be really strong next year as well, but not as strong as this year i think. I can´t see Sebastian Karlsson, Richard DeménWillaume nor Anton Axelsson doing their last year as a junior in Frölunda J20. So I think Madsens ice time will increase a bit.

But i can´t understand why everyone is so extremely high on Madsen, as Starkov(the other danish player in Frölunda J20) is better and has bigger potential imo.

Can you comment on Starkov's game and why you think he is better than Madsen?

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
RangerFan13 said:
Can you comment on Starkov's game and why you think he is better than Madsen?
Starkovs technique is by far the best in the league. He has amazing stickhandling which he handels through full flight like really few can. He has decent size, and reads the game well with good passes and has a nice scoring touch. Id take him over Madsen every day of the week. He is just better, and has imo more potential. He averaged a point per game in an extremely deep team. Madsen might be 6'1" but he is weaker than Starkov as well(who is 6'0")

Olorin

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
An Ape called Yoko said:
Starkovs technique is by far the best in the league. He has amazing stickhandling which he handels through full flight like really few can. He has decent size, and reads the game well with good passes and has a nice scoring touch. Id take him over Madsen every day of the week. He is just better, and has imo more potential. He averaged a point per game in an extremely deep team. Madsen might be 6'1" but he is weaker than Starkov as well(who is 6'0")

Thank you very much for the information. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->