Post-lottery mock

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Mock on, mock on, Voltaire, Rousseau.

1. Chicago--Patrick Kane, RW, London (OHL)
2. Philadelphia--Kyle Turris, C, Burnaby (BCHL)
3. Phoenix--Jakub Voracek, RW, Halifax (QMJHL)
4. Los Angeles--Karl Alzner, D, Calgary (WHL)
5. Washington--Alexei Cherepanov, RW, Omsk (RSL)
6. Edmonton--James van Riemsdyk, LW, US U-18 NTDP
7. Columbus--Sam Gagner, C, London (OHL)
8. Boston--Logan Couture, C, Ottawa (OHL)
9. St. Louis--Angelo Esposito, C, Quebec (QMJHL)
10.Florida--Keaton Ellerby, D, Kamloops (WHL)
11.Carolina--Nick Petrecki, D, Omaha (USHL)
12.Montreal--John Blum, D, Vancouver (WHL)
13.Toronto--Maxim Mayorov, LW, Leninogorsk (Rus-2)
14.Colorado--Bill Sweatt, LW, Colorado College (WCHA)

I won't include 15-30 since it'll change based on playoff performance.

Discuss.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Mock on, mock on, Voltaire, Rousseau.

1. Chicago--Patrick Kane, RW, London (OHL)
2. Philadelphia--Kyle Turris, C, Burnaby (BCHL)
3. Phoenix--Jakub Voracek, RW, Halifax (QMJHL)
4. Los Angeles--Karl Alzner, D, Calgary (WHL)
5. Washington--Alexei Cherepanov, RW, Omsk (RSL)
6. Edmonton--James van Riemsdyk, LW, US U-18 NTDP
7. Columbus--Sam Gagner, C, London (OHL)
8. Boston--Logan Couture, C, Ottawa (OHL)
9. St. Louis--Angelo Esposito, C, Quebec (QMJHL)
10.Florida--Keaton Ellerby, D, Kamloops (WHL)
11.Carolina--Nick Petrecki, D, Omaha (USHL)
12.Montreal--John Blum, D, Vancouver (WHL)
13.Toronto--Maxim Mayorov, LW, Leninogorsk (Rus-2)
14.Colorado--Bill Sweatt, LW, Colorado College (WCHA)

I won't include 15-30 since it'll change based on playoff performance.

Discuss.

Wow, imagine Ovechkin - Backstrom - Cherepanov

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Looks more and more like Mayorov and Toronto are a match. I would love to see some stats of his, no one can seem to find them. I think of Antropov when I think of him, which makes me cringe a bit. Maybe his stats will ease the tension.

St.Louis sports fan

Mar 1, 2002
St. Louis
Visit site
If the Blues end up with Esposito at #9 I'm going to throw up. The guys got more excuses then Anna Nicole Smith's baby has dads. I'm hoping there's someway Couture, VanRiemsdyk, or Gagner falls to 9 or else I'd rather them trade down.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
If the Blues end up with Esposito at #9 I'm going to throw up. The guys got more excuses then Anna Nicole Smith's baby has dads. I'm hoping there's someway Couture, VanRiemsdyk, or Gagner falls to 9 or else I'd rather them trade down.
They're well positioned, with three first round picks, to move up a couple of spots potentially and grab Gagner or Couture.

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
You really think Bill Sweatt will go that low? I was hoping PHX would pick him up with their Dallas first rounder....

Divine Wind

Wow, imagine Ovechkin - Backstrom - Cherepanov

That would be a potent top line in a few years. In the mean time, sign a superior play-making center like Gomez and that is one young, exciting top-6 forward set!

Ovechkin - Gomez - Cherepanov(hello Calder?)
Semin - Backstrom - Fehr

blueshead

Jun 22, 2004

I would probably take any of those you mention for the Blues first pick over Esposito but I don't think its right to writeoff Espo because of the media flack. If you believe everything that has been written he is either really the baby's father and they have pictures, or the real Rosemary's baby ( sorry for that reference but I watched that movie the other night). I think the press is overreacting on his attitude problems and we need a high potential forward in my mind with this pick.

blueshead

Jun 22, 2004
They're well positioned, with three first round picks, to move up a couple of spots potentially and grab Gagner or Couture.

Washington is supposedly seriously entertaining offers for their #1. Considering their need on D I think we could give them some help and move up. I would really like to see St Louis walk away with Alexei Cherepanov, though I am sure the flak about wasting the pick on soft Russians that will never come over will follow.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
SundintoSteen said:
Looks more and more like Mayorov and Toronto are a match. I would love to see some stats of his, no one can seem to find them. I think of Antropov when I think of him, which makes me cringe a bit. Maybe his stats will ease the tension.

Mayorov stats:

Russian Championship.Highleague.Division West-2006/2007. Neftyanik(Leninogorsk) 182 80 F 28 6 + 4 6 -5
Russian Championship.Highleague.Division West-2006/2007. Neftyanik(Almetievsk) 176 80 F 5 1 + 1 0 -2
Four Nations Tournament(Team-18)-2006. Russia F 5 3 + 1 0
5-Nations Tournament(Team-18)-2007. Russia 188 85 F 4 1 + 0 2 -1
Russian Championship.Highleague.-2007.Play-Off Neftyanik(Almetievsk) 176 80 F 4 0 + 0 2 1

In 33 games at the Highleague level, Mayorov was 7-5-12, with 6 PIM and a minus-7.

For purposes of this mock, I'd rather see the Blues take Myorov at ninth overall than Esposito.

P_B

:bb:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->