Post Lockout Ad Campaign Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Good Flying Bird*

skellart said:
I think that after the deal is made, the NHL needs to aggressively advertise to attract non or casual fans to get more people interested in the game. I also think the fans can help by inviting people to watch games and explaining the rules. That's just a few suggestions. Lets see what you folks can come up with. Be creative. :)

What?
Who wants to watch those greedy primadonnas?
We want UHL hockey in NHL uniforms!

shOOt_the_mOOn

Jul 12, 2004
DeuceUNO said:
wouldn't this do the opposite?

they should show an nhl star getting suited up, then realizing he left his jock or shin pad in his car, walking out to get it and the arena door closes behind him...he retrieves said item, and walks back to the door...he grasps the door handle, turns it...and the door opens, to which *insert star player* replies with "whew, I almost got locked out"

market the hell out of jarome iginla...star quality, appeal that reaches across demographics...

get a video montage of people talking about how hockey is the best sport to catch live, coupled with great goals and hits...

gary bettman and bob goodenow pinatas at every arena...

Calling all of the obstructions very may well slow the game down at first. However, once the players realize that it's going to be called every single time, I believe that it would eventually cut down considerably on the obstruction offenses, and open the game up more.

skellart

Jan 24, 2005
Chattown
shOOt_the_mOOn said:
Calling all of the obstructions very may well slow the game down at first. However, once the players realize that it's going to be called every single time, I believe that it would eventually cut down considerably on the obstruction offenses, and open the game up more.

What does that have to do with this thread or what you quoted for that matter?

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
Try attracting some new fans by showing the Devils more on NBC. LOL :lol

Seriously though, there are a lot of good ideas I have read so far on this thread. Good job. :handclap:

ESPN tried to educate fans about the game doesn't work.

I agree. When I first started watching the Rangers as a kid on local NY television....for FREE (God, I miss those days LOL), I didn't know much about the rules. My parents are both Italian immigrants, so they knew as much about hockey as I did at the time. My father hooked up with the game because he's a huge soccer fan. I've noticed that with a lot of Italian immigrants that I've known; they seem to lean a bit more towards hockey and football when it comes to adapting to North American sports.

Anyway, the game back then was so much more exciting and would only get better as the Gretzky era would unfold with the select WHA teams joining the NHL. As I watched hockey more and more, I wanted to know even more about the rules and tactics. I started skating both roller and ice. I did not have a rink close by, so I would sneak out at 10 years old and take the bus downtown and skate at the rink. My local park had an outdoor rink for winter, so you know where I spent my free time during those months. I would go to the library and get check out whatever books they had on hockey and read them all cover to cover. When my parents finally caught on about my passion for the game, my mother came with me down to the rink to see if there was a league I could play in. They had a house league at another rink where you could also buy used equipment. That was how I started playing the game.

Anyway, my intention is not to tell my whole life story. I just wanted to make the point that if the excitement and the end to end action is in the game, the feedback from fans and potential fans will be enormous compared to how the popularity of the game in the US is right now. Start with giving the fans a top-quality product. With the use of the Internet, people won't have to go to a library anymore to find info on the ins and outs of the game like I had to. :yo:

shOOt_the_mOOn

Jul 12, 2004
skellart said:
What does that have to do with this thread or what you quoted for that matter?

The first line of the post I quoted asks:
wouldn't this do the opposite?
and was posted in response to my original post to calling all of the obstructions to fix the game. I believe that it would eventually open the game up for the skilled players.

How are you going to market a defective product. (hence the relevance to this thread)

Does that answer your question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->