In order

89 Dodge Caravan
89 Cadillac Eldorado
95 Ford Bronco
02 Chevy S-10 ZR2
02 Chevy Camaro SS
02 Chevy Silverado 1/2 Ton
07 Toyota Avalon

Camaro was the most fun to drive, in sixth gear at 2K RPM it was doing 90mph. It's a wonder I only received one speeding ticket, that car did not like to go slow.

Most comfortable is the Avalon, the backseat is nearly a recliner.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
1976 Mercedes 300D - My high school ride (class of '01)
1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T - college car. RIP clear coat.
2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ
2004 Mitsubishi Evolution RS - stolen and wrecked by a drunk high schooler
2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution RS

Now looking for a similar-sized AWD SUV to replace the Outlander.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

2013 Ford F150 FX4
current vehicle

If you don't mind me asking, how has your F150 been in the reliability department? I'm thinking of getting a 2016 or 2017 F150 around this time next year. F150 is the leading candidate in my mind but i could be convinced at going with a Chevy Colorado, Toyota Tacoma or Nissan Titan. My boss owns an F150 and has had numerous issues and my father in law owns one as well and has had no issues. I'm trying to gauge how well the F150s perform over time.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
If you don't mind me asking, how has your F150 been in the reliability department? I'm thinking of getting a 2016 or 2017 F150 around this time next year. F150 is the leading candidate in my mind but i could be convinced at going with a Chevy Colorado, Toyota Tacoma or Nissan Titan. My boss owns an F150 and has had numerous issues and my father in law owns one as well and has had no issues. I'm trying to gauge how well the F150s perform over time.

its been great, I bought it new and have put every single km/mile on it. I have the 5.0 v8 version. The only issue I have had in 170,000 Kms or 105,000 miles was my rear diff seal went on me for some unknown reason at 25,000kms but was covered by warranty and I have had no engine/mechanical problems since. Only other thing I have an issue with is my tailgate being tough to unlatch but that is bc my gf accidently jumped her standard car into my tailgate while it was down.

which brings me to a question for the forum. When you park a standard do you just use the emergency break or do you leave it in gear?

Depending on what you need a truck for it may be a better option to get a mid-size truck like a Colorado or Tacoma. I would shy away from the new gm 1500 series if you are looking for a working truck. Take a tape measure with you and you will be confused as to how shallow the new box is on the GM chassis. Also I am not sure about the newer model fords but the clearance on my FX4 has been amazing for how bad of a winter and how much snow we have had.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
its been great, I bought it new and have put every single km/mile on it. I have the 5.0 v8 version. The only issue I have had in 170,000 Kms or 105,000 miles was my rear diff seal went on me for some unknown reason at 25,000kms but was covered by warranty and I have had no engine/mechanical problems since. Only other thing I have an issue with is my tailgate being tough to unlatch but that is bc my gf accidently jumped her standard car into my tailgate while it was down.

which brings me to a question for the forum. When you park a standard do you just use the emergency break or do you leave it in gear?

Depending on what you need a truck for it may be a better option to get a mid-size truck like a Colorado or Tacoma. I would shy away from the new gm 1500 series if you are looking for a working truck. Take a tape measure with you and you will be confused as to how shallow the new box is on the GM chassis. Also I am not sure about the newer model fords but the clearance on my FX4 has been amazing for how bad of a winter and how much snow we have had.

Thanks for the response, I don't need a big truck. However, i've noticed that for the Colorado it's difficult to find the cheaper versions of that model. Every Colorado in Alberta seems like they are roughly the same price as an F150. At that point, I might as well get an F150. Tacoma is more expensive in general but has better resale value, ect ect.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Always wanted a Gen2 Lightning, until I was in a spot to get one and it was entirely impractical. Now I have room, funds, etc. for another toy but I no longer want one :banghead: My wife's late uncle had a Gen 1 in his collection, but had it been a Gen 2 I may have tried to acquire it still.

How's the Raptor compare to the GT500?

For me, the Raptor was better in almost every way, except for gas mileage and power. Put over 30k per year on my Raptor, and it wasn't a Daily driver. Road trips, going to hockey games etc. Didn't drive it for the attention, just was a fun truck to drive, even with it being the size of a tank.
Fun factor the Raptor was better since I did take it offroad. Truck is very smooth on and offroad*. And of course the Raptor had the extra features like cooled/heated seats and remote start which is a life saver in S. Florida with black vehicles.

While I miss the GT500, I would rather own a Raptor over one at the same price point.

*Minus rough terrain. Those Gen 1 Raptors may of been underpowered street driving, but you could find yourself in a world of trouble offroad with that power.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Thanks for the response, I don't need a big truck. However, i've noticed that for the Colorado it's difficult to find the cheaper versions of that model. Every Colorado in Alberta seems like they are roughly the same price as an F150. At that point, I might as well get an F150. Tacoma is more expensive in general but has better resale value, ect ect.

I personally would get into an F150 over a Colorado if they are the same price. more truck and way more room/space in the f150. One of the other main factors for choosing the ford out of everything out there on the market was the amount of room for passengers in the back of the crew cab. I don't know your personal situation but I can tell you that while travelling with the GF, two kids and a full size dog or four other buddies on a ski trip, that there is still a ton of room and comfort to be found in that huge backseat area.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Listed in order of when I got them, bold I still have.

2005 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T
1998 Ford F-150 (manual)
1999 Ford F-150
2001 Ford F-350
2007 Ford F-250 (diesel)
2012 Volkswagen CC 2.0T
2013 Toyota Tundra
2011 Porsche Panamera 4S
2014 Audi S5
2015 Volkswagen Touareg TDI
2015 Porsche Cayman
2016 Volkswagen GTI (it's not technically mine but I co-signed and my names on the title)

The trucks were all work trucks. I really don't like them for any other reason. Far too big and conspicuous for an urban setting. Just how I feel.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
I am not a car guy really and mostly drive company cars.

The ones I have had are:

Toyota Auris Hybrid
Opel Corsa
Audi A3 Sedan
Volvo V60

Opel Corsa was the worst, small diesel engine and you felt that you were beating eggs when shifting it.

The Audi was nice - automatic and felt luxurious.

Toyota Auris was my favorite city car.. so quiet and since half the time was spent in queues it didn't cost me anything in gas.

The Volvo is what I drive today and since my daily commute is around 150 km on highway it does the job nicely. Not so fun in the city and pretty boring.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
85 VW Rabbit - such a POS. Electrical problems, burned oil like crazy, body panels were already starting to rust through, and mind you I bought this in 93, so it was only 8 years old at that point. You had to make three full turns of the wheel to make a right, but only like half a turn to make a left. The shift light would just stay on all the time. The glovebox would pop open for no reason whatsoever. And it leaked. And the A/C would only blow cold during the winter. Anything higher than about 70 degree F and the lines would freeze up and no more cold air. What else about this POS....it left me stranded on the side of the road at least 5 times including once on my 1st day of senior year in HS. People usually have fondness for their first car. Not me. **** that car. **** that car sideways with a cinder block.

1992 Pontiac Bonnevillle SSEI - This thing was a straight up beast from hell. No 18 year old should ever have access to a supercharged sports sedan, including 18 year old me. Technically it was my mom's but she never drove it anymore so I just kinda took it over for a while. Drove it most of my senior year, got in waaaaaay too much trouble with it. Went 127 mph once. Miracle I survived driving this car.

89 Mazda B2200 - pickup truck. This was nice. My dad gave it to me. I think mostly out of guilt because he was the one that talked me into buying the Rabbit. It was a good little truck. Got 30 mpg. He gave it to me with 80K miles on it, I got her up to about 230K miles and it was still in good shape when I traded it in.

87 Honda Accord. Total beater. Had rust, paint chipping off, headliner was falling down. Looked like garbage. But it was actually a really dependable car. It had the flip up headlights, except one of them didn't always flip up like it was supposed to. But man that car was fun to drive. It would rev up to just forever.

2000 Chevy S-10. Oh, this thing was gangster. It was black, dark tinted windows all the way around. Had the suspension dropped 3 inches and the wheels off a GMC Syclone. I had the back bumper taken off and a roll pan put in its place, and that was it. I rolled in this through most of my 20s. I literally got women because of that truck. It was sex on wheels.

2008 Chevrolet Colorado - this was the crew cab. Black like the S-10, but didn't pull off the gangster sled look nearly as much as I wanted. still it was nice. You could be going stupid fast, like 100+ on the interstate and it felt like you were going 50 or something. It also had a 5-cylinder engine. If you've never experienced a 5-cylinder you need to, they are crazy sounding and fun as hell. I only had this one about a year. I got t-boned by a drunk driver which spun me out into the path of a city bus. Truck got torn in half where the cab met the bed. I walked away without a scratch.

2009 Nissan Versa hatchback - Loved this car. LOVED IT. Beautiful blue onyx color. It was huge on the inside. You could pack half your house away in this thing. I've had 5 big grown-ass men and all their golf bags in this car and it wasn't even uncomfortable. Got stupid good gas mileage, like 40+ on the highway. This was the car I had when I got married, took both kids home from the hospital, etc. Had this car 8 years, only ever had to replace a battery and the tires and some headlight bulbs. Some geezer pulled out in front of me one day on a wet road and that was that. Hit him at 40 mph, car totalled, bye bye car.

Volvo V50 - I bought this shortly before the demise of the Versa on a lark. It's all wheel drive and turbocharged. Really great car. I always wanted a turbo AWD station wagon. I intended it to be my daily driver but then I got a

2013 Toyota Corolla S which has become my daily car. It's comfortable and gets good mpgs, and it looks good. Get a ton of compliments on it, the orange color is super rare and with the sport package and the big wheels, it looks like it should be fast. It's not, but it's still a great car. I honestly didn't expect to like it half as much as I do.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
96 Chev Lumina - Bought used in 2003 with 106,000 km. Good car. Sold it in 2010 for $110. :laugh:

00 Chev Monte Carlo - Bought in 2008 with 108,000 km. Loved it. Brought it to the scrap yard in 2015. Started 200 dollaring me to death. Still ran pretty good but the car was rotting out around me. Plus two door cars and three kids don't work out.

00 Dodge Caravan - Bought in 2010 with 130,000 km. Nothing but problems. A mechanic buddy has it somewhere on his property.

12 Dodge Grand Caravan - Bought new in 2012. Has some issues with it right away but liked it overall. The Stow and Go Feature is basically the reason why I will probably always buy Grand Caravans as long as I'm bringing kids places. It's almost like a small truck with a topper when you need to haul furniture, sheets of plywood etc. Traded in in 2016.

02 Dodge Intrepid - Bought it in 2014 with 285,000 km. Always liked these cars and needed a new beater to replace the Monte Carlo. If you're not a mechanic don't buy cheap old cars with lots of mileage. Paid $1200 spent about $2500 on repairs in a year and a half. It's in a scrap yard somewhere.

16 Chevy Equinox - Bought new in 2015. Still have it. Needed something new and reliable as my new job included 260 kms of driving. I like it. Small SUV's are terrible for storage though. Can't even fit my clubs in the back. It has 60,000 km on it after 18 months but now I live a 2 minute drive from work so don't want the payments anymore. My mom needs a newer vehicle so she is going to take over the payments. And I'm going to buy her 08 Pontiac G6.

16 Grand Caravan - Traded in the 12 GC for it in 2016. Still have it. Warranty was ending on the 12 so made the trade. Same vehicel with a few new features. DVD is a life saver while the wife is in the store and I don't want to bring the kids in.

Having two 2016s and making payments on them doesn't jive with my income level. Hence why I'm unloading the Equinox since I need a people mover with three kids. I very much want to buy a truck but I can't justify it right now since they are so ridiculously expensive. And all three kids in car seats is a little tough in a truck.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
1980 Chrysler Lebaron - My 1st car, bought it in 2004 off of the original owner, an old lady who drove it to church and the grocery store. Only had 16,000 miles on it. Even had the original windshield wipers. Not the coolest old car, but I loved that thing. Ended up selling it for more than I originally paid for it, too.

2004 Pontiac G6 - 1st "new" car, got it about 2007 and totaled it in 2010.

2009 Nissan Altima - My current car, sprung for some upgrades. Plan on driving it as long as she'll go.

2003 Chevy s10 - Beater truck I picked up just to have when I need to move something

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
In order

83' Cadillac Coupe DeVille
83' Chevy Camaro Z28
81' Cadillac Eldorado
88' Jeep Wrangler
86' Lincoln LSC
88' Jeep Wrangler (bought it back)
90' Cadillac Coupe DeVille (My Favorite of all my Caddies)
88' Mustang GT convertible
95' Oldsmobile Aurora (loved that car)
97' Cadillac Deville Concurs
88' Subaru AWD station wagon (great little car that could go anywhere)
01' Volkswagen Passat GLX 6cyl and stick so much fun!
03' Volkswagen Passat 2nd, one same car as above different color
04' jeep liberty
05' Toyota 4runner
05' Cadillac STS
88' Geo Tracker (more reliable than my Wrangler, go anywhere and great gas mileage.)
96' Ford econoline e350
02' BMW 3 series Convertible 5pd
98' GMC jimmy
08' Mercedes e350 4matic
12' Mercedes s550 4matic
13' Toyota 4runner
88' Corvette coupe

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
96 Chev Lumina - Bought used in 2003 with 106,000 km. Good car. Sold it in 2010 for $110. :laugh:

00 Chev Monte Carlo - Bought in 2008 with 108,000 km. Loved it. Brought it to the scrap yard in 2015. Started 200 dollaring me to death. Still ran pretty good but the car was rotting out around me. Plus two door cars and three kids don't work out.

00 Dodge Caravan - Bought in 2010 with 130,000 km. Nothing but problems. A mechanic buddy has it somewhere on his property.

12 Dodge Grand Caravan - Bought new in 2012. Has some issues with it right away but liked it overall. The Stow and Go Feature is basically the reason why I will probably always buy Grand Caravans as long as I'm bringing kids places. It's almost like a small truck with a topper when you need to haul furniture, sheets of plywood etc. Traded in in 2016.

02 Dodge Intrepid - Bought it in 2014 with 285,000 km. Always liked these cars and needed a new beater to replace the Monte Carlo. If you're not a mechanic don't buy cheap old cars with lots of mileage. Paid $1200 spent about $2500 on repairs in a year and a half. It's in a scrap yard somewhere.

16 Chevy Equinox - Bought new in 2015. Still have it. Needed something new and reliable as my new job included 260 kms of driving. I like it. Small SUV's are terrible for storage though. Can't even fit my clubs in the back. It has 60,000 km on it after 18 months but now I live a 2 minute drive from work so don't want the payments anymore. My mom needs a newer vehicle so she is going to take over the payments. And I'm going to buy her 08 Pontiac G6.

16 Grand Caravan - Traded in the 12 GC for it in 2016. Still have it. Warranty was ending on the 12 so made the trade. Same vehicel with a few new features. DVD is a life saver while the wife is in the store and I don't want to bring the kids in.

Having two 2016s and making payments on them doesn't jive with my income level. Hence why I'm unloading the Equinox since I need a people mover with three kids. I very much want to buy a truck but I can't justify it right now since they are so ridiculously expensive. And all three kids in car seats is a little tough in a truck.

Three mini-vans makes my heart weep.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
2007 Honda Accord XLE
2013 Toyota Rav4 limited

Just two cars for me. Seeing people with 5+ or something blows my mind. I hate car shopping doing it that many times is insane.

But then again I'm only 26 and most people are probs older than me. I'll probs have that many when I'm 40+

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
In order

83' Cadillac Coupe DeVille
83' Chevy Camaro Z28
81' Cadillac Eldorado
88' Jeep Wrangler
86' Lincoln LSC
88' Jeep Wrangler (bought it back)
90' Cadillac Coupe DeVille (My Favorite of all my Caddies)
88' Mustang GT convertible
95' Oldsmobile Aurora (loved that car)
97' Cadillac Deville Concurs
88' Subaru AWD station wagon (great little car that could go anywhere)
01' Volkswagen Passat GLX 6cyl and stick so much fun!
03' Volkswagen Passat 2nd, one same car as above different color
04' jeep liberty
05' Toyota 4runner
05' Cadillac STS
88' Geo Tracker (more reliable than my Wrangler, go anywhere and great gas mileage.)
96' Ford econoline e350
02' BMW 3 series Convertible 5pd
98' GMC jimmy
08' Mercedes e350 4matic
12' Mercedes s550 4matic
13' Toyota 4runner
88' Corvette coupe

Why the hell did you have so many cars in your lifetime lol

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
2007 Honda Accord XLE
2013 Toyota Rav4 limited

Just two cars for me. Seeing people with 5+ or something blows my mind. I hate car shopping doing it that many times is insane.

But then again I'm only 26 and most people are probs older than me. I'll probs have that many when I'm 40+

Im 24 and ive had 8.

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
*1930 Ford Model A sedan
*1960s VW dune buggy
*1960s VW dune buggy w/ corvair engine
*1966 Pontiac Tempest
2003 Mercedes C230 Kompressor
2005 Nissan 350z
*2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE

*still own

Recently got a vintage Fox mini bike rolling frame so I'm looking to build that up this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->