Post 2013 Lockout Forward Tournament Tier 1, Round 3: David Pastrnak Versus Auston Matthews

Which Player Would You Rather Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Since the players involved are at different stages of their careers, the best way to vote is probably by answering this question: If I was a General Manager and I could draft one player for my team (having the knowledge that I have about each player at this point in time), which player would I choose?

Some are more accomplished than others and some have been more injury-prone than others, but under different circumstances, how different could things have been?

Tier 1, Round 1:

Connor McDavid (52 votes to 4 - 92.9%)
Connor Bedard

Nathan MacKinnon (25 votes to 21 - 54.3%
Nikita Kucherov

Auston Matthews (62 votes to 33 - 65.3%)
Leon Draisaitl

Elias Pettersson (32 votes to 27 - 54.2%)
Jack Hughes

Jack Eichel
Aleksander Barkov (16 votes to 0 - 100%)

Kirril Kaprizov (39 votes to 27 - 59.1%)

Mikko Rantanen

David Pastrnak (23 votes to 8 - 74.2%)
Artemi Panarin

Mitch Marner
Brayden Point (19 votes to 8 - 70.4%)

Tier 1, Round 2:

Kirril Kaprizov
David Pastrnak (18 votes to 6 - 75%)

Brayden Point (15 votes to 12 - 55.6%)

Elias Pettersson

Aleksander Barkov
Auston Matthews (32 votes to 16 - 66.7%)

Connor McDavid (45 votes to 3 - 93.8%)

Nathan MacKinnon

Tier 1, Round 3:

David Pastrnak
Auston Matthews

Connor McDavid
Brayden Point

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Some of the seeding here has been pretty questionable. Certain players have dropped far earlier than they should, while others are lasting longer due to easy matchups.

Pretty meaningless tournament with such poor seeding.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Some of the seeding here has been pretty questionable. Certain players have dropped far earlier than they should, while others are lasting longer due to easy matchups.

Leaf fan wanting AM in the finals what else is there to say.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON

There are only so many good match-ups you can do with 16 players that range in abilities. There have been a few good polls (mostly in the earlier rounds).

McDavid was always going to win it all, so there's really nothing I can do about that. The best match-ups for him were Bedard, MacKinnon and Matthews and he'll have gone through them all.

If someone else wants to try their hand at something like this, they're always free to do so. It's not quite as easy as it may seem to make competitive match-ups in the earlier rounds and still have good polls in the later rounds.

Reactions: Felidae

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
There are only so many good match-ups you can do with 16 players that range in abilities. There have been a few good polls (mostly in the earlier rounds).

McDavid was always going to win it all, so there's really nothing I can do about that. The best match-ups for him were Bedard, MacKinnon and Matthews and he'll have gone through them all.

If someone else wants to try their hand at something like this, they're always free to do so. It's not quite as easy as it may seem to make competitive match-ups in the earlier rounds and still have good polls in the later rounds.

Prubably people would prefer more 1-16 , 2-15 etc. to have best matchups at the end of tournament , not begining.

Reactions: DitchMarner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad