Possible Ovechkin Attitude problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

ok I have heard that Ovechkin may have a questionable attitude from a few people I never read much into it until I started seeing him for myself and diving at almost every oppertunity he gets. While he may be a great talent i'm just curious as to what the Russian hockey fans think of that and his demeanor in general he draws alot of comparisons to Kovalchuk but I personally do not believe he will be THAT good.

Bud The Spud*

Oh my, just the title of this thread ought to make for some interesting comments.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The guy is supposed to be as level-headed as they come an potential captain material.

Attitude problems of course are going to come up because he's Russian... :o

Dupuis>Ilya

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
If his only problem is that he dives, then it's no big deal. That can be corrected very easily. Kovalchuk doesn't dive nearly as much as he used to.

I'm sure we'll start to hear stuff like this as the 2004 draft approaches. People always start to microanalyze the top dog, looking for even the most minor of flaws. We spend their 15, 16 and 17 year-old seasons building them up and their draft season tearing them down. I'm sure the same will happen this year with Ovechkin and next year with Crosby(kins) to one degree or another.

Randall Graves*

I haven't met Ovechkin some other people told me of possible ego problems but as I said I never read much into it but what did get me thinking about it was his diving and he does it as much as humanly possible especially at the WJC's so I was just wondering what others had heard.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Ovechkin.....Attitude Promblems?????Anything but!!!!

Dempsey said:
Haven't you heard? All top prospects have attitude problems, especially Russians :shakehead (sarcasm)

"They say Ovechkin has it all – speed, size, smarts, skill and a mature attitude highlighted by outstanding character and work ethic. But the scouts will have to wait." (http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=4544)

"The more one asks hockey observers about this Russian "Wunderkind", it seems impossible for anyone to say anything negative about Ovechkin. As good as he is on ice, Aleksander seems to be as perfect an example of a well-behaved youngster outside as well. (http://www.iihf.com/feature/ovechkin.htm)

"He is already a great role model", says Panfilov. He is a good son, a good brother and a good neighbour. He doesn't drink, he doesn't smoke, he is good in school and he lives hockey." (http://www.iihf.com/feature/ovechkin.htm)

I can find no evidence of any attitude problems, and I have read almost every article that has mentioned his name in either English or Russian. All evidence suggests that he has a very good attitude and work ethic.

Dr_Chimera*

RallyKiller said:
I haven't met Ovechkin some other people told me of possible ego problems but as I said I never read much into it but what did get me thinking about it was his diving and he does it as much as humanly possible especially at the WJC's so I was just wondering what others had heard.

Well, I don't think you deserve to be attacked for what you say if you actually prove that your sources and/or viewings are legit.

If you're just basing this on the WJC's, then your argument is thin. Please present the instance when you saw Ovechkin dive maybe at a different tournament or during Superleague action - full description as well.

But if that is just based on the incident at the U-20's, then it's nothing all of us already don't know.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
WHO CARES?

Supposedly Kovalchuk has an attitude problem but I'd take him on my team if he freakin fought with his own players.

All Russians have attitude problems it seem. WTF no one cares. Kovo is producing and being ****Y is not an attitude problem, especially when your that good.

Bud The Spud*

PanthersRule said:
WHO CARES?

Supposedly Kovalchuk has an attitude problem but I'd take him on my team if he freakin fought with his own players.

All Russians have attitude problems it seem. WTF no one cares. Kovo is producing and being ****Y is not an attitude problem, especially when your that good.

Yeah who cares and wtf is up with constantly putting down the Russians?

Bud The Spud*

flyers guy said:
No, it's not just the Russians, it's all those damn, dirty Euros (sarcasm).

I thought it was the Euros who think North Americans are dirty players. :dunno:

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I have meet Ovechkin off the ice and he is very down to earth and great with people. On the ice when I seen him, off course everyone remembers the few dives he did, but overall he never did too many antics throughout the game to really be considered bad, since I have seen many junior players pull off just as bad things.

Myself I don't see an attitude problem here, great off the ice, has leadership role writen on him, a team player. Maybe things changed from when I seen him?????

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Bud The Spud said:
I thought it was the Euros who think North Americans are dirty players. :dunno:
I wasn't really talking about style of play, damn and dirty both start with "D" and are negative words, so I thought that worked for a lot of the stereotypes against Euros. :p

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
RallyKiller said:
ok I have heard that Ovechkin may have a questionable attitude from a few people I never read much into it until I started seeing him for myself and diving at almost every oppertunity he gets.

How is diving an attitude problem?

Christ, people are dumb :mad:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He certainly over-celebrates as much as Crosby does. Not that that can't be corrected with maturity or a good coach.

Randall Graves*

JasonMacIsaac said:
Russia vs Belerus, Ovechkin made a horrible horrible dive, Vs Canada in the same tourni he went down like he was shot and played the next shift, vs USA I seen him make a horrible dive in front, looked around then got up.
Damn you stole the point I was going to make vs the US! :p

Randall Graves*

leafssuck said:
The people you heard this from probably have some hockey knowledge problems.
Maybe Ovechkin wouldn't give them an autograph :joker:

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
flyers guy said:
No, it's not just the Russians, it's all those damn, dirty Euros (sarcasm).

I thought it was the damn dirty apes?
All of the ones I know have BAD attitudes....

Dr_Chimera*

JasonMacIsaac said:
Russia vs Belerus, Ovechkin made a horrible horrible dive, Vs Canada in the same tourni he went down like he was shot and played the next shift, vs USA I seen him make a horrible dive in front, looked around then got up.

I didn't see any dives and I saw those games.
In the Canada game, he dove, but it was overblown.
Stop grasping at straws folks - wastes board space.

Dr_Chimera*

JasonMacIsaac said:
You seen the USA and Belerus game? I guess you drove to Sydney from Halifax since those games wern't on tv.

I have seen tapes of pretty much all of Russia's games (now if I can only get my hands on the tape of the final, d-oh).

I see no "horrible dives" on Ovechkin's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->