Rumor: Possible new away jersey next year

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
During the Cup run they wore the 3rds which were red.

Those were the homes. These were the thirds back then.

spezza.jpg

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
ahh I see where I misunderstood.

When I say thirds I meant the red ones because when they first came out.

Oh yeah I was pretty sure we were misunderstanding each other somewhere.

They got rid of the original blacks in 1999 I think.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Frank Finnigan Package - $129.99 (Value of $165):

Ottawa Senators NHL Heritage Classic Jersey,
limited edition Heritage Classic photo of Jason Spezza and Erik Karlsson
and two tickets to the Binghamton Senators game versus the Hamilton Bulldogs at Canadian Tire Centre on Feb. 8.

Clint Benedict Package - $149.99 (Value of $205):

Ottawa Senators heritage toque and scarf,
and two tickets to Sens Skills, which will be held at Canadian Tire Centre on March 12.

Frank Nighbor Package - $169.99 (Value of $245):

Senators heritage toque and scarf,
limited edition NHL Heritage Classic photo of Jason Spezza and Erik Karlsson
and two tickets to a pre-selected Ottawa Senators 2013-14 home game.

Decent.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Decent.

VERY decent.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Let me get this straight. The new Heritage Classic jerseys, which we will be wearing against Vancouver, are based off the 1915 Ottawa Senators that lost the Stanley Cup to the Vancouver Millionaires?

Did Cyclone Taylor come up with this plan?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Let me get this straight. The new Heritage Classic jerseys, which we will be wearing against Vancouver, are based off the 1915 Ottawa Senators that lost the Stanley Cup to the Vancouver Millionaires?

Did Cyclone Taylor come up with this plan?

Meh.

They're hosting the thing... the Millionaire's cup win in '15 is still the city's only Stanley Cup, AND it'll be the 100 year anniversary of that win. It makes sense why they'd choose it.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
Frank Finnigan Package - $129.99 (Value of $165):

and two tickets to the Binghamton Senators game versus the Hamilton Bulldogs at Canadian Tire Centre on Feb. 8.

Clint Benedict Package - $149.99 (Value of $205):

Ottawa Senators heritage toque and scarf,
and two tickets to Sens Skills, which will be held at Canadian Tire Centre on March 12.

Decent.

This is very interesting, but I'd have no use for the tickets. Maybe somebody here wants to swing a deal for the tickets while I keep the swag (either the Sens Skills, or the game)?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Wouldn't that be the 99th anniversary?

Depends on how you count it. If you count 1915 as one of the years, it's 100.

You can get creative with this stuff... like how the Sens and Lightning celebrated their 20th anniversary in the league in different years, despite the fact that they were both in the same expansion class and joined the league in the same year.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Unveiling the heritage game jersey November 28th. Looks like it'll be a full barber pole since the article mentions a tribute to the 1915 Sens

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=691910

Might not be a full barber poll (although I kinda hope it is just without the 1915 logo, and next year we get white heritage away, black home, and the next year red third) the game was chosen as a tribute to those teams.

If it is a barber poll though, I wonder if the jerseys will have names on the back. I hope they don't and I can get a small number to represent a current and an original Sen

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Unveiling the heritage game jersey November 28th. Looks like it'll be a full barber pole since the article mentions a tribute to the 1915 Sens

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=691910

It doesn't say the jersey will be a tribute, it says the game will be.

The 1915 jersey is hideous. The team wants to make money off these things, there is no way they run with that kit.

Also, they said they will be revealing teaser pics and stuff like that. My guess is that it will be a heritage inspired jersey we've never seen before.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Might not be a full barber poll (although I kinda hope it is, and next year we get white heritage away, black home, and the next year red third) the game was chosen as a tribute to those teams.

If it is a barber poll though, I wonder if the jerseys will have names on the back. I hope they don't and I can get a small number to represent a current and an original Sen

You can pre-order customized jersey's, so I'm guessing they will have both name and number.

If you order a Karlsson, Spezza, Ryan, Anderson, Turris or Neil jersey, they are already to go. I'll have to wait 4-6 weeks for a Lehner jersey.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
You can pre-order customized jersey's, so I'm guessing they will have both name and number.

If you order a Karlsson, Spezza, Ryan, Anderson, Turris or Neil jersey, they are already to go. I'll have to wait 4-6 weeks for a Lehner jersey.

They might just have numbers if they are full barber pole. At this point though, it's safe to say it's either white heritage or full barber pole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad