Possible KHL expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Hi guys,

Earlier this year I was in Poland attending some first division games as well as the lower ranked division.
Good vibe and a very nice addition to my stay in the country.
While spending time there, I've heard rumors that a Polish team might join ( later) the KHL.

I know it are only rumors, but thoughts?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Hey, you can use KHL expansion thread for this. As for a Polish club... I remember some talks from a few years ago but nothing has materialized and as things stand now, considering the fact that KHL are trying to get rid of some teams and expand into profitable markets, I'd say it's highly unlikely for us to see a Polish team soon. In terms of fan base and profit, they may be good enough; but I don't think any Polish team can compete at KHL level at the moment. Same was tried with Medvescak... Now they're back at EBEL.

hockeyMB89

May 26, 2015
Krakow
, I'd say it's highly unlikely for us to see a Polish team soon. In terms of fan base and profit, they may be good enough; but I don't think any Polish team can compete at KHL level at the moment.

Hmm.
This years Kazachstan play Poland in Divison 1A, and KAZ win in OT 1;0.

80% Kazachstan is a Barys Astana, and last season don't play low.
Barys conference SF loss.

-We have great Tauron Arena Krakow, and oldest existing sports club in Poland, Cracovia.

Real problem is a money to play in KHL :(

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well if you get millions to get Bochenski, Vey, Dawes, Dallman, Kaspar, Barker, Boyd or any of borderline NHL players who played for Barys sure you are good to go. The issue is that you have no such money so comparing yourself to Barys is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad