HWP1997

Nov 2, 2016

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 5

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Aspect ratio seems a little odd, most logos have a 1:1 or 1.25:1 aspect ratio, this is 2:1. Have to see it on a jersey.

The use of the trident is clever. And the minor details (pine tree, lighthouse, star) are well done.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What i meant was do you think the flyers affliation moves to Portland after the agrrement with reading goes up doto portland being owned by spectra
same rule applies, This franchise has nothing to do with affiliation, and that's been consistent since Spectra acquired the Aces franchise, has no bearing on Comcast/Flyers, and the Royals

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
What i meant was do you think the flyers affliation moves to Portland after the agrrement with reading goes up doto portland being owned by spectra
While it could happen, and certainly a reasonable question since Spectra and the Flyers are branches of the same "corporate tree", there is no indication that will happen. In fact, Flyers spokespeople have gone out of their way to say they have no plans to make that change, they are happy with the way things work now, and having Allentown and Reading so close by is convenient for player movement and good from a marketing standpoint as they extend their fan base to Berks and Lehigh Counties. Having the ECHL team in Maine would mean losing both those advantages, which they say they value.

With Atlanta getting all of the Predators/Milwaukee Admirals players from Norfolk after that affiliation ended I wouldn't be surprised to see a Nashville/Milwaukee/Atlanta affiliation next year, which leaves Boston/Providence available for Maine (or Manchester, or Norfolk).

BTV

Oct 12, 2005
Lewiston, Maine
In a local radio interview this weekend, Adam Goldberg came out and said "It won't be the Flyers" in response to an affiliation question.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
While it could happen, and certainly a reasonable question since Spectra and the Flyers are branches of the same "corporate tree", there is no indication that will happen. In fact, Flyers spokespeople have gone out of their way to say they have no plans to make that change, they are happy with the way things work now, and having Allentown and Reading so close by is convenient for player movement and good from a marketing standpoint as they extend their fan base to Berks and Lehigh Counties. Having the ECHL team in Maine would mean losing both those advantages, which they say they value.

With Atlanta getting all of the Predators/Milwaukee Admirals players from Norfolk after that affiliation ended I wouldn't be surprised to see a Nashville/Milwaukee/Atlanta affiliation next year, which leaves Boston/Providence available for Maine (or Manchester, or Norfolk).

Boston's affiliation with Atlanta runs through next season, but I suspect that won't be an issue for any party if Nashville wanted to take over the affiliation.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Maine is announcing its head coach tomorrow.... They left a hint in the press release saying the person is playing for the Flyers Alumni. Based on the roster I believe its going to be Eric Weinrich. The only other person it might be is Bob Corkum, who was an assistant at UMaine.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Maine is announcing its head coach tomorrow.... They left a hint in the press release saying the person is playing for the Flyers Alumni. Based on the roster I believe its going to be Eric Weinrich. The only other person it might be is Bob Corkum, who was an assistant at UMaine.

That would mean it's not the person who was convinced he was getting the job... :laugh:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Wheeling's assistant coach..... now the Nailers had an unplanned off day today due to flooding , they played last night, and yes, the Nailers hired another assistant coach to replace Armstrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad