Portland Penguins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
It stands to reason that someone would happen to browse the Penguins board, see the recent speculation, and start up ANOTHER pointless topic about this in here... :shakehead

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Pencilific said:
It stands to reason that someone would happen to browse the Penguins board, see the recent speculation, and start up ANOTHER pointless topic about this in here... :shakehead

you know how long we had to hear about the "winnipeg predators?" ;).

grin and bear it. it passes.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
This has been discussed and beaten to death here...and everywhere else.

It has been known for quite a few years that the Pens will leave if they don't get a new arena. There is no NEW news in this.

How long until a Winnepeg Penguins/Hamilton Penguins/Las Vegas Penguins/Kansas City Penguins threads apear? I'm saying pretty fast over no new info at all!!!

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
nomorekids said:
grin and bear it. it passes.

We Pens fans have had to hear it for 4 years now here. It was being posted before I even registered here 3 and a half years ago. At this point, people need to let it go and see how the long awaited issue of slots plays out in a year. If they don't get the arena, people can speculate all they want. At this point, it's gone beyond annoying.

Chilly Willy*

Whats with the obsession with Portland Penguins...Portland sucks..

Why the hell would a team keep the old name anyways?

Did Carolina stay Whalers?
Did Colorado stay Nordiques?
Did Phoenix stay Jets?

How about Portland Trash-hunters.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
"If we have a great team and the politicians see the excitement we bring to the city, and the taxes we generate for this community, I think it's an easy sell," Lemieux said of a new arena. "But politics doesn't always work that way.

"People are all excited, saying we're going to make money now ... but in this building, that's the best we can do," Lemieux said. "Even if we go to the finals, we're not going to make money."

mooseOAK*

Portland doesn't seem to even want a team, I know that Paul Allen isn't interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad